Weekend Roll Call 9-23-23

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 9-23-23

Post by kcdave »

For those of you that have not seen the new MNF opener ....
CS kills this song. I look forward to hearing the full version.

My part of FOC has not had a decent measurable amount of rain
for well over a month, and none showing in the 10 day forecast ...
well.... except for the 90% chance of storms tonight from 6-11pm.
Who gives a fuck, right? No one really, unless you have 4 tix for
GnR w/ AiC at Kaufmann tonight. :-|

Back in the .net days I use to list "The week that was," TWTW for short.
Essentially, it was 2 or 3 things posted from the passed week worthy of
mentioning in the WRC in case someone missed it. It was also something
where I would give credit when it is due, no matter my previous thoughts
of the poster. If we had TWTW here ... this would have made this weeks
list.
Drag queen faces child rape charges

Unread post by Screw_Michigan » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:01 am

Just kidding! It's really a pastor. #notadragqueen
Damn near fell out of my chair laughing from the deke title.

M.O.W

Coach Primate loses some luster tonight.
MIZZOU vs Memphis- hope to see 4-0 by the end of the night.
I have not taken the time to look at odds on any games beside
the Chiefs for this weekend, and won't be either.
Chiefs are favored by 12.5 over the dreadful Bears, who are
having themselves a week for sure with one fiasco after another.
QB is blaming coaching for his poor play, the DC gets fired, quits,
or whatever and may be the subject of investigation by the feds
depending upon who you believe. KC should win this game
by 40. However, as I mentioned 2 weeks ago .... Andy Reid is
HORRIBLE @ home against the spread. Stats say take the Bears and
points. But this one should go against the trend. Take the Chiefs
and lay the points.

Happy weekend, Y'all.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Weekend Roll Call 9-23-23

Post by Carson »

Coach Primate???

RACIST!!!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

IN. Love him or hate him. Neon Deion Sanders has charisma. It showed when he was putting asses into seats playing AAA baseball in Syracuse. Props to him for what is is doing at NCAA coaching level. I doubt if his "schtick" would work in the NFL. I'll be watching. Also a big Go Orange for Syracuse and Dino Babers.
Enjoy.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Visiting Zion National Park today and tomorrow then Bryce on Monday.

Life is rough.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Kierland wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:21 pm Visiting Zion National Park today and tomorrow then Bryce on Monday.

Life is rough.
Awesome. Beautiful area.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

In.

My oldest son joined an American Legion baseball team and they have their first tournament today and hopefully tomorrow depending on how the games go today.

I laughed when GnR "postponed" their show at Busch Stadium which was supposed to have happened two weeks ago. They officially cancelled a few days ago. Axl claimed he had an "illness" but the main rumor flying around is they didn't even sell half the tickets.

People were hoping to reschedule for October because Busch Stadium is wiiiiiide open in that month and has been since June!

His relationship with this city has been in the shitter since July of 1991 on that famous riot he started. Although they say the concert in 2017 at The Dome at America's Center was a big success. I dunno.

Axl is just an asshole.

Anyway, wish my son luck in this tournament!
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Interesting point about GNR and St. Loser. You have a great point. They have been playing stadium tours non stop (except 2020) since 2016 and I have always wondered how much longer they can keep this up. Perhaps STL is just a one-off for poor ticket sales.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

They played all over Europe this summer, all huge crowds.
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Kierland wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:21 pm Visiting Zion National Park today and tomorrow then Bryce on Monday.

Life is rough.
Nice. Remember to use the local inbred pronunciation for zion.
Rhymes with gun, not con.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:18 pm

Anyway, wish my son luck in this tournament!
Good luck to your son in the tournament.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I’m at my 50th HS reunion this weekend in Palo Alto. Dinner and typical reunion stuff on Friday night at a downtown Palo Alto hotel. Yesterday there was a tour of the campus, which has grown a lot, and then a catered lunch outdoors at the Ritz Carlton Resort in Half Moon Bay, with a lot of reminiscing and stuff plus some putting on the putting green. Today there’s a potluck picnic “reunion between the reunions” (for all alumni from the 70s who want to attend) at a park in Los Altos. We’re gonna skip that one and take a drive down to Big Sur, have lunch at Nepenthe and then hike around at Point Lobos, which is probably the most beautiful spot on the planet.

Out of a class of about 400 something like 140 showed up on Friday. Not a bad turnout considering age and infirmity.

Tomorrow we’re going to a Padres/Giants game at Oracle Park with my oldest best friend and his wife (he’s the only person remaining from my class who I still keep in touch with). He’s a long time season ticket holder and we get to go to a pregame batting practice thing at “triples alley” with beer and food and stuff. Too bad both teams are pretty much dead in the water as far as the postseason is concerned. But at least we’ll be seeing the probable NL Cy Young pitcher. Fly home on Tuesday.

This was the first reunion I’ve been to since the five year one. It’s amazing how old and (mostly) fat we’ve gotten in 45 years, but still mostly recognizable (especially with name tags).
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

The Ritz at Half Moon Bay is the bomb. Stayed there many times. Did you get to check out the spa?

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Kierland wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:11 pm The Ritz at Half Moon Bay is the bomb. Stayed there many times. Did you get to check out the spa?
Nah, we were outside in a covered area near the pool and tennis courts. Looks like a nice place though. One of the reunion committee members owns a home there so apparently the facility was free. They still spent a shit ton of $$ on this. Yesterday was catered by Sam’s Chowder House. Lobster rolls (awesome), shrimp po’ boys, fish and chips, Baja tacos, Caesar salad, etc., all to order from their food truck. Full bar…
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:38 pm
Speaking of pigs, here is some boudin that I'm having for lunch, damn this is good. Let's just say that boudin is made from pig parts, and you don't want to pay too much attention to exactly how they make it. Yeah I know what it looks like, but wow this is incredible.

Nothing weird about boudin. Cooked pork shoulder and liver, rice, trinity and seasonings. It's really good in puff pastry. I mean...really good.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Wow that sounds awesome!
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

mvscal wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:19 pm
Jsc810 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:38 pm
Speaking of pigs, here is some boudin that I'm having for lunch, damn this is good. Let's just say that boudin is made from pig parts, and you don't want to pay too much attention to exactly how they make it. Yeah I know what it looks like, but wow this is incredible.

Nothing weird about boudin. Cooked pork shoulder and liver, rice, trinity and seasonings. It's really good in puff pastry. I mean...really good.
I am sure it tastes great. But presentation has to account for something, right?
A pic of a turd in a rubber does not give one the same mouth watering feeling that
a pic of nice piece of smoked brisket, or a triple layer chocolate cake.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Liver is an organ, right? You do need meat and there isn't much in lips and trotters. Trotters are too valuable for use in soups and stews.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Life is rough.
Do tell, highlights and what to skip. Looks like our next Utah trip will be this spring and Bryce is definitely on the list so Zion is likely.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

We came in from the South spent the night in Springdale. Super fun town would recommend. It’s both and out and back park and a drive thru park. The out and back is by shuttle only most of the year and we didn’t do that this time (were planning on it but didn’t work out so that’s why we are ahead of schedule and added Capital Reef instead) but it’s super nice up that canyon. Lots of people get two night in Springdale and do the out and back the first day then do the drive thru after they check out. The drive thru is epic due to the tunnel and of course all the views. We saw a group of 20 Bighorn just chillin in a canyon.
Then we did Bryce which is an out and back Park. It can be done in a day if you are not backpacking down in the canyon. Just view after view of the massive valley. It’s a 9k foot elevation park so you can see a long ways (Navajo Mt is visible at 80 miles away, I did not see the curvature of the erf) then we drove to Torrey so we can do Capital Reef today and the Arches tomorrow, you need an entrance reservation for Arches so we are getting that today.
I’ll update as wanted.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

No pics? Here, let me help.
Kierland at Zion wrote:Image
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Kierland wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:15 pm We came in from the South spent the night in Springdale. Super fun town would recommend. It’s both and out and back park and a drive thru park. The out and back is by shuttle only most of the year and we didn’t do that this time (were planning on it but didn’t work out so that’s why we are ahead of schedule and added Capital Reef instead) but it’s super nice up that canyon. Lots of people get two night in Springdale and do the out and back the first day then do the drive thru after they check out. The drive thru is epic due to the tunnel and of course all the views. We saw a group of 20 Bighorn just chillin in a canyon.
Then we did Bryce which is an out and back Park. It can be done in a day if you are not backpacking down in the canyon. Just view after view of the massive valley. It’s a 9k foot elevation park so you can see a long ways (Navajo Mt is visible at 80 miles away, I did not see the curvature of the erf) then we drove to Torrey so we can do Capital Reef today and the Arches tomorrow, you need an entrance reservation for Arches so we are getting that today.
I’ll update as wanted.
Thanks, I can't wait to get back out there. We will be coming from Park City, but no matter.

Capital Reef was our 1st trip, stayed at the Schoolhouse B&B in Torrey. Stop at Goblin Valley State park if you can. Arches was last year (try to score tickets to the Fiery Furnace if possible) along with Canyonlands and Dead Horse State Park.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Just a few images from yesterday. We drove south through Monterey and past Point Lobos to a restaurant, in Big Sur, called Nepenthe where we had some lunch. We were planning on stopping at Point Lobos on the way back but were a little wary since the parking lot was completely full and the highway was parked up for several hundred yards in both directions outside the entrance.

Here’s the entrance at Nepenthe, followed by the view from our table.

One of the new friends I made at the restaurant.

By the time we got back to Point Lobos we were pleased to see that a lot of the early crowd had cleared out and we were able to park easily inside. It’s hard to choose which pictures to post because anywhere you go there you could stop every ten feet and take an amazing photo in every direction.

Be sure to turn the sound on when you play this.
(it might remind you of Carson and Kierland when they’re on the same thread)

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Great photos, Mike
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Excellent pics, Mikey. Will be in Monterey this coming January for the 2nd time. Very much looking forward to it again seeing as how my last 3 trips to CA have taken me to effing Sacramento.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Very nice pics, Mikey. Beautiful.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:21 pm No pics? Here, let me help.
Kierland at Zion wrote:Image
Sin,

Mtool
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yeah Capital Reef was epoch. The U-pick fruit thing was 💯 unexpected. We have done Canyonlands and parts south, like Mexican hat and Monument Valley. Always something new to see or learn.

And you can’t go wrong with Nepenthe when you are in Big Sir.

We are some spoiled mo-fos.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:21 pm No pics? Here, let me help.
Kierland at Zion wrote:[img]https:gi&k=20&c=QBQTyNUMlqQMB0qYh1okUbGSbLbitpV6aXbnuwiXtis=[/img]
Yes I took pics and sent them to friends and fam, sorry you didn’t get any.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Wolfie wrote:Love him or hate him. Neon Deion Sanders has charisma. It showed when he was putting asses into seats playing AAA baseball in Syracuse. Props to him for what is is doing at NCAA coaching level.
What is he doing at the NCAA coaching level?

His squad, after taking a 56-14 shellacking by Washington State, is now 4-7.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

A conference needs its tards.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

I knew this would happen.

Sanders is a joke, and the venerable media fell for the hype hook, line, and sinker.

He is NOT head coach material. He's a caricature, and he'll be gone in 2 years, whether it's voluntary or not.
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

You guys are geniuses 60 days after this thread was posted. Can't wait to hear your Super Bowl predictions next April.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

They had a couple of big wins early and were at least competitive in most of their games this season. Four wins is a 300% improvement over 2022. After the first two weeks I guess you guys were expecting a playoff run.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Wolfman wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:14 pm IN. Love him or hate him. Neon Deion Sanders has charisma. It showed when he was putting asses into seats playing AAA baseball in Syracuse.
And Taylor Swift is putting a lot of asses into seats at Arrowhead. That doesn't mean she should take over as HC.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:21 am And Taylor Swift is putting a lot of asses into seats at Arrowhead. That doesn't mean she should take over as HC.
T Swift put lots of asses in the Arrowhead seats for the 2 concerts
she performed in July. She is also putting lots of eyeballs on tv
screens across the globe for Chiefs games.
However, she is not putting a single ass in Arrowhead seats
for Chiefs games.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Taylor Swift and ass used in the same sentence, yet no pics?

GTFO.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Carson wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:46 am Taylor Swift and ass used in the same sentence, yet no pics?

GTFO.
Yeah, like she's not being shown in the media enough these days...:meds:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22