Eric Bieniemy is Vince Lombardi

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Eric Bieniemy is Vince Lombardi

Post by Softball Bat »

The new Washington Commander OC is chapping some player ass.
He's too tough!

HC Ron Rivera jumped into the fray and didn't really help the situation.

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/ ... o-research

Thoughts on this?
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Re: Eric Bieniemy is Vince Lombardi

Post by Dr_Phibes »

It's my understanding that's why he hasn't got a head coaching job, too many organisations were worried about player revolts. A lot of players won't play under that.
Last edited by Dr_Phibes on Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

HC is certainly a different gig than OC.

Bieniemy's intense hard ass ways were evidently not a problem as Chief OC.
Of course Mahomes is a rare talent, and Coach Reid, being very experienced, smart, and savvy, might have played a part in keeping potential conflicts muffled.

Bieniemy's coaching approach isn't really in line with how things are generally rolling these days, but I must say that the protests of the 'skin players would come off a little better if they already had some level of success in the bank.
Last season they faded down the stretch, didn't score enough points, and missed the playoffs.

"Coach is yelling at me too much" sounds a bit wimpy when you've not shown that you can get it done another way.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Remember that Vince was coach of the Skins for a year, so the comparison is closer than you imagine.

I think Dan Vogel pretty much nailed it. Andy Reid was able to mitigate any of the ruffled feathers and being the best team over the last 5 seasons certainly helped salve any hurt feelings. Ron doesn't have the W-L credibility of Reid but as a former player I'm sure he knows how to manage some of these hurt feelings.

Anyway, it's great to have EB in DC and I'm excited for the first Snyder-free WFT season since 1999. Might even go to a game this year.

War the Shield
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Young players would adapt, as it's all they would know. Veteran free agents who think they've done their time and proved themselves would be a different story. The Patriots had that problem with joyless Belichek, but when you're a winner..