Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

The Seer
Just the Facts

Adios Colorado

Post by The Seer »

Pac 12/10/8.

Buffs returning to Big 12.

I see Oregon & Wash to Big1G, Utah, Az, AZ St. following Colorado to the 12, Maybe Kal & Stan independent for a bit, and Wazzu & Ore St. to Mountain West.

Or SDSU & someone else join what's left of Pac and they try to lobby for Power 5 conf status....good luck.

https://247sports.com/college/colorado/ ... 213244389/
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: Adios Colorado

Post by Sudden Sam »

Sounds very plausible.

Money is driving everything. College football may be unrecognizable within 2-3 years. I don’t mind change, but everything changing all at once is tough. Conference breakups, NIL, playoff expansion…AAAGGHH!!!!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Many possible scenarios. This one makes sense also...but geography would have to eventually kick in due to travel time and if the Wokesters install a maximum volume of air travel per person.

4 divisions of five. Play 9 conference games: round robin 4 vs. your division every year, play all five teams in one of the three other divisions on a three year rotating basis. Division champions play a seeded semi final, then a conference championship game for the two winners.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

SDSU has already decided to stay with Mountain West.

BTPCFB, as we once knew it, not longer exists. Not sure how much interest I will have going forward. SC can eat shit and die, and take the Baby Bears with them for all I care.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Oregon and Washington just bailed for the Big 18. I think we’re down to seven now. 😳

The Bay Area, the Zonies, the States of OR and WA, and Utah. Can’t see Utah staying around much longer and I can see both Zonies heading for the Big 12 or however many they are.

Edit: looks like Zonies and Utah are already headed for the Big 12.

PACXX season is getting shorter and shorter.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

The PAC4 is gonna be tough next year.

:-|
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Gene Block(head), UCLA Chancellor for many years is stepping down. Big supporter and role player in selection of Larry Scott as Pac 12 commissioner...Probably saw the conference break apart and thought "my work here is done".
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I don’t think Stanford is getting left out. They’re $36b endowment, academics, and success in Olympic sports is going to eventually land them in a P4. I’m hoping they can put their disdain for affiliation with religious schools (BYU and Baylor) aside and join the Big XII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Go Coogs' wrote:I don’t think Stanford is getting left out. They’re $36b endowment, academics, and success in Olympic sports is going to eventually land them in a P4. I’m hoping they can put their disdain for affiliation with religious schools (BYU and Baylor) aside and join the Big XII.
They’re going to hook up with Cal and Notre Dame and go to the ACC. ImageImageImageImage
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Something tells me this whole thing is gonna blow up (badly) in a few years. Those in charge of the experiment will tuck away and hide and things will eventually go back more closely to the way they were. That’s my prediction. The Pac will be back!
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Chip Kelly was shooting from the hip when asked about conference changes interviewed last week.

His idea is kind of NFL style with 64 teams, ONE conference divided up geographically into divisions. Playoffs in similar fashion.

Smaller schools have their champions.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Four 16 school conferences makes sense. Just the big boys.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Sudden Sam wrote:Four 16 school conferences makes sense. Just the big boys.
B1G is already at 18 so the ACC is getting poached in a few years. We’re headed to 3 conferences of 20 with only 10 spots left.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I’m old school in that I liked there being a geographical aspect to conferences. Down here, we enjoy kicking yankee butt. 😆 Makes up for that ass-kicking back in the 1860s!

My dad was a big Ohio State fan. I thoroughly enjoyed the Tide pounding the Buckeyes 35-6 in the Sugar Bowl one year when Dad was so sure Woody’s kids would win.

Seriously, though, it’s enjoyable having those differences.

I hate it for the PAC. But money runs everything.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Plenty of blame to go around for the PACs demise. They had three chances to put the Big 12 to pasture but their elitist presidents and commissioner prevented that from happening.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Go Coogs' wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:46 pm Plenty of blame to go around for the PACs demise. They had three chances to put the Big 12 to pasture but their elitist presidents and commissioner prevented that from happening.
Yep.
E UNUM PLURIBUS