The Barbie Movie...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Donnie Baker's Ghost
I swear to god . . .

The Barbie Movie...

Post by Donnie Baker's Ghost »

...looked like a fun, lighthearted movie full of silly, awkward moments when an over-the-top idyllic Barbie lifestyle clashes with the complexities and nuances of human existence. Something approximating the Lego Movie or Super Mario Bros movie was my hope. That is what the trailers are selling and if the writers had more skill, The Barbie Movie could have delivered on that promise. Sadly, this movie falls well short.

Margot Robie and Ryan Gosling are stellar actors in this thing but the writing is complete shit. As I sit here ruminating on what I just watched I still have no idea who the target audience is for this movie. I watched it with a group including some teenage girls. They hated it. The adult women in our group thought it had some good moments but overall it was "weird." After some discussion I figured out "weird" means "not what they expected."

I checked Rotten Tomatoes and son of a bitch the official movie summary says it will "subvert your expectations." Mission accomplished, Barbie Movie. You made a movie that does not live up to its potential or the marketing hype.

1.25 out of 5 stars.
Shut up, Randy!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: The Barbie Movie...

Post by Mikey »

Do you drive a Jetta?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Donnie Baker wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:45 pm I still have no idea who the target audience is
You, apparently.
"I see everything twice!"
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Did your Bumble GF make you go?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Man card permanently revoked.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

The Barbie Movie...

My girlfriend has it circled on my calendar for next week!

- smackaholic
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Donnie Baker wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:45 pm ...looked like a fun, lighthearted movie full of silly, awkward moments when an over-the-top idyllic Barbie lifestyle clashes with the complexities and nuances of human existence. Something approximating the Lego Movie or Super Mario Bros movie was my hope. That is what the trailers are selling and if the writers had more skill, The Barbie Movie could have delivered on that promise. Sadly, this movie falls well short.

Margot Robie and Ryan Gosling are stellar actors in this thing but the writing is complete shit. As I sit here ruminating on what I just watched I still have no idea who the target audience is for this movie. I watched it with a group including some teenage girls. They hated it. The adult women in our group thought it had some good moments but overall it was "weird." After some discussion I figured out "weird" means "not what they expected."

I checked Rotten Tomatoes and son of a bitch the official movie summary says it will "subvert your expectations." Mission accomplished, Barbie Movie. You made a movie that does not live up to its potential or the marketing hype.

1.25 out of 5 stars.
Did you mean to post this in Suckaholics' "gay things I do to get laid" thread?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Does she show that smooth little clam?

[nsfw] Rules [nsfw]
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Donnie Baker wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:45 pm ...looked like a fun, lighthearted movie full of silly, awkward moments when an over-the-top idyllic Barbie lifestyle clashes with the complexities and nuances of human existence. Something approximating the Lego Movie or Super Mario Bros movie was my hope. That is what the trailers are selling and if the writers had more skill, The Barbie Movie could have delivered on that promise. Sadly, this movie falls well short.

1.25 out of 5 stars.
I'm sorry to hear that you died. Hope you feel better soon.
Donnie Baker, comedian and ‘Bob & Tom Show’ regular, has died: reports

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/07/d ... ports.html
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:50 pm I'm sorry to hear that you died. Hope you feel better soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

mvscal wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:50 pm

1.25 out of 5 stars.
I'm sorry to hear that you died. Hope you feel better soon.
Donnie Baker, comedian and ‘Bob & Tom Show’ regular, has died: reports

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/07/d ... ports.html
Glass dicked twice in one day. What a tard.

viewtopic.php?t=53189