When did this become “tradition?”

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

When did this become “tradition?”

Post by Mikey »

You’re at a baseball game, sitting in the outfield stands. Somebody from the visiting team hits a home run. You catch it. So what do you do? Throw the ball back onto the field of course.

:meds:

WTF is it with that? I can maybe see this if it’s a game against your rival team and it’s on national TV and the hitter is their big star that everyone in town hates. But come on. I’m watching the Padres play in Chicago, leading the Cubs 10 - 5. Padre Catcher Jorge Alfaro hits a solo shot in the eighth to left field. So now it’s 11-5. A teenage kid catches the ball and you can see his buddies convince him to throw it back. Yeah, that’s showing big time disdain for the enemy team.

Fuck…I get a ball at an MLB game, foul ball , home run, ground rule double, whatever, I’m fucking keeping it. But that’s just me.
Kierland

Re: When did this become “tradition?”

Post by Kierland »

It’s been a tradition in Chicago since 1969, get with the times old man.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Nice (imprecise) glass dick you fatfuck.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

OK but it’s stupid. If you don’t want it then give it to a kid. The ball boy/girl is probably going to chuck it into the stands anyway.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Of course it’s stupid. Their Cubs fans.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

At Yankee Stadium they throw glass bottles and garbage so I guess it could be worse.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Kierland wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:22 am Of course it’s stupid. Their Cubs fans.
Not to go Dinsdale on you here, but in a two sentence post where you seek to assert that a group of people are stupid, it would help your case if you didn't make a very blatant spelling error.

:)
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Everything bad in baseball begins at Wrigley Field.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:08 pm Everything bad in baseball begins at Wrigley Field.
Or at least in Chicago...

“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:21 am
Kierland wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:22 am Of course it’s stupid. Their Cubs fans.
Not to go Dinsdale on you here, but in a two sentence post where you seek to assert that a group of people are stupid, it would help your case if you didn't make a very blatant spelling error.

:)
“Not to go Dims”
Goes Dims

Yeah I really don’t know the difference and it wasn’t autocorrect.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:08 pm Everything bad in baseball begins at Wrigley Field.

Google “dodger fans fight” for hundreds of cool pics.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:26 pm Google “dodger fans fight” for hundreds of cool pics.
Good point. When racist Americans tell me international soccer fan is murderous, I remind them that the only recent fatality at a sporting event was from a fight outside a Giants-Dodgers game in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:34 pm Or at least in Chicago...

Eh, nobody got hurt here.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:18 pm
Mikey wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:26 pm Google “dodger fans fight” for hundreds of cool pics.
Good point. When racist Americans tell me international soccer fan is murderous, I remind them that the only recent fatality at a sporting event was from a fight outside a Giants-Dodgers game in a parking lot at Dodger Stadium.
Not to mention all the violence needed to get the land to build the stadium.