PSA: Do not under any circumstances rent from Hertz

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

PSA: Do not under any circumstances rent from Hertz

Post by Left Seater »

Hertz is filing false police reports to the tune of 3300 per year for the last 7 years. Almost all of the false reports are for theft of vehicles and follow the same pattern. You rent a car and something goes wrong with the rental car and you have to switch vehicles. Think maintenance, the engine light comes on, the car overheats, etc. In these cases Hertz will often meet you with a new car and drive the malfunctioning car away. That broken car goes to either a large airport hertz facility or an offsite maintenance shop. Hertz fails to record that the original car is back in their possession. A month later you the renter are now reported for theft.

The other way this happens is you originally rent your car for say 4 days. But your business trip gets extended and you stay longer. You call up Hertz which then directs you to an automated system to extend the rental. You complete the process and get a new rental number for the extension. When you return the car you get your receipt and go on your way. A month later Hertz claims you stole the car from the original reservation number.

About half of the time these are resolved with you sitting in the police station. In the other half you spend days, weeks or months in jail. Hertz has even made the claim in the class action lawsuit that it is your responsibility as the renter to be able to prove you returned the car even if it was 5 years ago.

Of course they expect you to be able to produce a receipt but they don’t hold themselves to that same standard. In fact their failure to provide a court ordered receipt saw a man wrongfully convicted of murder. Once Hertz finally found the receipt the man was cleared on all charges, but he never should have been in jail or on trial at all.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/03/11/us/e ... index.html

So don’t rent with Hertz. Seater enterprises did not renew our corporate agreement with Hertz and are trying both Avis and National.

I would also suggest not renting from Enterprise but that is for another thread.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Re: PSA: Do not under any circumstances rent from Hertz

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Based on your posting history Rent-A-Wreck might be more appropriate.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

OJ says you're wrong.

Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:23 pm Based on your posting history Rent-A-Wreck might be more appropriate.
Can you specific train or car wreck ? Since you have train wreck completely in the bag, it must be car. Got it. Out.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:23 pm Based on your posting history Rent-A-Wreck might be more appropriate.
That’s your comeback to getting completely owned.

Whatever.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Hurts so Good!

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

That’s Capitalism, you know, the thing you righties love.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Keep stretching you fatfuck.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Good gawd you are a weird childish fatman. Why are you so obsessed with freaky shit?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Exhibit 1,345,652