Keep on rocking in the free world....unless I don't like it..

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Derron57
Elwood

Keep on rocking in the free world....unless I don't like it..

Post by Derron57 »

One of rock music's biggest talents and personally as a human being is a big fucking douchebag, Neil Young is a hypocritical piece of shit. The guy is right up there with some of rocks greats, his amazing ability to take a horrible voice, terrible guitar playing and brilliant lyrics and make millions off it from his own stuff, Buffalo Springfield, CSNY and all. As a musician, he is ok, there are better, but he does have some pretty good things. I use the bass line from Cinnamon Girl for several different songs. I can separate the fact he is a class one dick personally but a brilliant musician.

He throws a temper tantrum about being on Spotify with the great Joe Rogan and wants his music off. He sold off half his catalog anyway so it hardly matters. Fuck him hard. There is a couple of links below, most with the usual slant, CNN is first to give Screwy jerk material, and so the rest of you can see how fucking slanted their writers are.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/opinions ... index.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... n-1290020/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/neil-youn ... nformation
Arthur Dent
Elwood

Re: Keep on rocking in the free world....unless I don't like it..

Post by Arthur Dent »

I’ll always like a lot of Neil’s music, but in this matter he needs to STFU. We need contrarian voices, whether we agree with them or not. Funny how liberals have become anti free speech.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

His tedious virtue signaling is as annoying as his vapid take on the Scamdemic--or his ludicrous "Let's Roll" response the New Pearl Harbor inside job.
Before God was, I am
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Arthur Dent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:56 pm I’ll always like a lot of Neil’s music, but in this matter he needs to STFU. We need contrarian voices, whether we agree with them or not. Funny how liberals have become anti free speech.
Who the fuck are you, why did you register in 2005 only to post your second post yesterday, and fuck you either way.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Salsashark
Crack Whore

Post by Salsashark »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:50 pm
Arthur Dent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:56 pm I’ll always like a lot of Neil’s music, but in this matter he needs to STFU. We need contrarian voices, whether we agree with them or not. Funny how liberals have become anti free speech.
Who the fuck are you, why did you register in 2005 only to post your second post yesterday, and fuck you either way.

Maybe you should shut your faggot libtard mouth.
We're gonna need a bigger boat.
Arthur Dent
Elwood

Post by Arthur Dent »

Ah, I see nothing’s changed in here. Have a lovely evening, Screwy.

The new left is a slap in the face to liberalism.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

AD wrote:We need contrarian voices, whether we agree with them or not. Funny how liberals have become anti free speech.

The new left is a slap in the face to liberalism.
Yes.
"Liberals" of the past would be disgusted by what is now going on now with the left.

The right is not really any better.
Throwing away principles and following in lock-step with lunatic Donald Dump for 4 years.
Completely ridiculous shit.

What we have is that many (most?) on the left and right are frauds.

What they want is an authoritarian, just as long as it is their authoritarian.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:15 am What they want is an authoritarian, just as long as it is their authoritarian.
Wrong. Liberals want democracy. GQPers want *their* authoritarian by any means necessary.

WW
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

You want to believe that, and maybe the tooth fairy will visit you tonight, also.

Some day you might wake up.
Maybe.

The 4 trillion dollar bail-out of 2020.

Who benefited and who took it deeper up the @ss?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... truggling/

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:32 am
Softball Bat wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:15 am What they want is an authoritarian, just as long as it is their authoritarian.
Wrong. Liberals want democracy.
Stop lying to yourself. Liberals want no part of democracy. If they did they wouldn’t be shutting down speech all over the country. They wouldn’t be trying to eliminate the filibuster, they wouldn’t be forcing shot and mask mandates on citizens, they wouldn’t be for open borders, they would be calling out a President who said he would do something unconstitutional until the courts stopped it. And on and on and on.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

The media should be careful how much water they splash onto this story, or Neil’s wife might grow back fins.

Nonetheless ole Neil was right about one thing: A Man Needs a (Mer)Maid.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Hey, lay off Arthur Dent, a well known expert of Mongolian horse breaking techniques through the vital centuries of that Rape Culture's romp through various lands. Arty's solid. :wink:
Before God was, I am
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:35 am
Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:32 am
Wrong. Liberals want democracy.
Stop lying to yourself. Liberals want no part of democracy. If they did they wouldn’t be shutting down speech all over the country. They wouldn’t be trying to eliminate the filibuster, they wouldn’t be forcing shot and mask mandates on citizens, they wouldn’t be for open borders, they would be calling out a President who said he would do something unconstitutional until the courts stopped it. And on and on and on.
The filibuster is democratic.

Sin,
BrokenPsyche
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:35 am Stop lying to yourself. Liberals want no part of democracy. If they did they wouldn’t be shutting down speech all over the country. They wouldn’t be trying to eliminate the filibuster, they wouldn’t be forcing shot and mask mandates on citizens, they wouldn’t be for open borders, they would be calling out a President who said he would do something unconstitutional until the courts stopped it. And on and on and on.
The filibuster is minority rule. Which isn't democratic. Doesn't take a Rice grad to figure that out.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:34 pm
Left Seater wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:35 am Stop lying to yourself. Liberals want no part of democracy. If they did they wouldn’t be shutting down speech all over the country. They wouldn’t be trying to eliminate the filibuster, they wouldn’t be forcing shot and mask mandates on citizens, they wouldn’t be for open borders, they would be calling out a President who said he would do something unconstitutional until the courts stopped it. And on and on and on.
The filibuster is minority rule. Which isn't democratic.
Of course it’s democratic. It was put in the rules by the majority to prevent 50+ 1 from stepping out of line.

But good to see you accept the other issues as undemocratic.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:20 pm Everyone under 30: who is neil young?

Everyone 31-60: I didn't realize that neil young was still alive

Everyone 61 and over: what's Spotify?
Pretty much
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Well I actually listened to the entire Joe Rogan podcast with the "controversial" Dr. Robert Malone--and I say entire because it's five hours long. And yet I assure you I was not bored for a second. Further, not only is Dr. Malone eminently qualified to weigh in on the subject--far more than Fauci--but he's extremely level headed and clear, at no point going off on any sort of rant or wild accusations. What's particularly harrowing is his detailed account of how any heretical dissent to the orthodoxy of Fauci and the CDC and WHO is ruthlessly attacked--deplatformed, fired, and smeared. It is unprecedented in the history of any pandemic or public health crisis. And what makes this sudden totalitarianism work is that Phizer is in charge of determining what is real and what's false. If they say 2 + 2= 5, then it becomes OFFICIAL information, and the entire media is in agreement to only report the "truth."

Here's Rogan's site, and you can listen for yourself.

https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egr ... wOMk#login
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

LTS wrote:but he's extremely level headed and clear, at no point going off on any sort of rant or wild accusations.
I listened to most of it and it is about what I expected.

Rogan had absolutely nothing to apologize for.
He did, however, so skrew him.

It was already evident long ago that he is a tool, so it isn't any surprise that he would cave.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

I don't think he apologized in an groveling sense of the word. He merely said that he tries to offer a platform for open discussion. I'm sure he's alarmed at the outrageous reaction to simply having Dr. Malone calmly offer his observations. But when Joni Mitchell bellies up to the bar and demands your scalp, it's worrying time. And today Graham Nash joined in the farce.
Before God was, I am
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Just follow the money…

Ole Neil —> Hipgnosis —> Blackstone —> Jeffrey Kindler —> Pfizer
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

LTS TRN 2 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:06 pm I don't think he apologized in an groveling sense of the word. He merely said that he tries to offer a platform for open discussion. I'm sure he's alarmed at the outrageous reaction to simply having Dr. Malone calmly offer his observations. But when Joni Mitchell bellies up to the bar and demands your scalp, it's worrying time. And today Graham Nash joined in the farce.
Graham is just hoping that Joni will see him supporting her stand and take favor on him and the old fucks can bang one off like the old days. Graham is an idiot.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Derron57 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:02 am
LTS TRN 2 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:06 pm I don't think he apologized in an groveling sense of the word. He merely said that he tries to offer a platform for open discussion. I'm sure he's alarmed at the outrageous reaction to simply having Dr. Malone calmly offer his observations. But when Joni Mitchell bellies up to the bar and demands your scalp, it's worrying time. And today Graham Nash joined in the farce.
Graham is just hoping that Joni will see him supporting her stand and take favor on him and the old fucks can bang one off like the old days. Graham is an idiot.
So fucking true. And as much as I've enjoyed Joni's long ride--especially that period with the Jaco and Metheny, Mays, Brecker, and Alias tour--let's remember that some years back before her obliterating aneurysm she reportedly had full blown Morgellons Disease, whatever exactly that is. But as to why she would be a stooge-like idiot, she also had polio as a kid, so perhaps she's just naturally and easily terrified about diseases and so forth. And with Neil, his kid, or kids, have some Special Needs and so he's primed as well. And so too all the fatties everywhere--they're all actually frightened into a lock-step obedience that would make Mussolini blush. Or the Pope.
Last edited by LTS TRN 2 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Delete button?
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Rogan repeatedly slurring balcks (ni66ers, etc.) though the years, and his explanations/apologies...

Just keepin' it real.
Just entertainment.
Just casual talk.
But still regrettable.
I'm embarrassed -- even though I openly said it out in public many times.

- J. Rogan

This is what it looks like to be -----> cancelled!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Capitalism has consequences. Rogan can go back to self publishing his own crap like he did previously.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Left Seater wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:00 pm
Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:34 pm
You just proved it was not democratic while calling it democratic. Can you even read fatman?
The filibuster is minority rule. Which isn't democratic.
Of course it’s democratic. It was put in the rules by the majority to prevent 50+ 1 from stepping out of line.

But good to see you accept the other issues as undemocratic.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:53 pm Capitalism has consequences. Rogan can go back to self publishing his own crap like he did previously.
Sure he can, IF Spotify releases him from his contract. Or if they try to claim Rogan somehow failed to perform to the contract.

Contracts have consequences. If you don’t like his content, don’t sign him to an exclusive deal.