Has this been discussed here?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Kierland

Re: Has this been discussed here?

Post by Kierland »

And another fat orange traitor slinks out from under his rock. Fuck off fatso.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Because you are not only fat and stupid and racist and a traitor, you are also yellow. Both from being jaundice due to an all fat diet and from being a coward.

Fuck of fat traitor.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Why do you eat bowls of pork fat for breakfast?

Fat yellow traitor.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Because you are a fat yellow traitor. We have been thru this you stupid Bacon mainlining fuck.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Double down on stupid just like you double down on Cheetos for breakfast.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Papa Willie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:39 pm So to summarize, Oregon liberals think black people are too stupid to do math, so they’re telling blacks that math is racist, and whatever answer they give will be okay.

I bet people like NASA would love this system whilst sending people into space.

Why are white liberals so racist?
From the headlines, I think it's bullshit, it's insiduous and it's intellectual genocide.

I need to view the video to get a better gist of what is actually being said/meant, though. Probably at lunch.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Fatty loves his Faux news. Fuck off traitor.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm
Papa Willie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:39 pm So to summarize, Oregon liberals think black people are too stupid to do math, so they’re telling blacks that math is racist, and whatever answer they give will be okay.

From the headlines, I think it's bullshit, it's insiduous and it's intellectual genocide.

I need to view the video to get a better gist of what is actually being said/meant, though. Probably at lunch.
Atta grl. Get your intel from a shit troll and come back with a shit take, all the while to claim you gonna actually look for facts, but LTR.

Enjoy your triple slider.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

shutyomouth wrote:So to summarize, Oregon liberals think black people are too stupid to do math, so they’re telling blacks that math is racist, and whatever answer they give will be okay.
I believe what your video shows is a very small snippet of info that comes from an optional site the ODE offered to educators.

If I was an Oregon educator I would have the option to never look at it.

Or, if I did look at it I would have the option to wipe my ass with it.

It is pretty much a nothing.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

I live in your fat fuckin head

But you have much bigger issues
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:54 pm
shutyomouth wrote:So to summarize, Oregon liberals think black people are too stupid to do math, so they’re telling blacks that math is racist, and whatever answer they give will be okay.
I believe what your video shows is a very small snippet of info that comes from an optional site the ODE offered to educators.

If I was an Oregon educator I would have the option to never look at it.

Or, if I did look at it I would have the option to wipe my ass with it.

It is pretty much a nothing.
It is a nothing, but it is still bothersome that there are people in the education system this fukking stupid
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Bill in Houston wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:40 pm

Atta grl. Get your intel from a shit troll and come back with a shit take, all the while to claim you gonna actually look for facts, but LTR.

Hi, Bill. What's a triple slider?

Snopes can't debunk it:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/education-oregon/

We learned the rumor’s source was a Feb. 5 newsletter from ODE to math teachers across the state that included links to additional teaching resources. See the below-displayed screenshot of a portion of the public bulletin, of which Snopes confirmed the authenticity via ODE’s Director of Communications Mark Siegel.

In other words, a portion of the ODE-sponsored newsletter promoted a virtual learning seminar designed by an outside entity — Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction — that aimed to equip middle school math teachers with ideas to curb documented performance gaps between white and English-speaking students and all other students, according to the bulletin and our correspondence with Siegel.

The Oregon newsletter included links to the home page of the so-called “Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction” project (on which we elaborate below), as well as to register for the course. Siegel said in an email to Snopes:

“The materials contained in the [newsletter] are drawn from both internal and external sources and inclusion of external materials does not necessarily indicate Oregon Department of Education endorsement.”

More than 30 people from agencies across California and other states — such as San Diego State University, the Los Angeles County of Education and UnboundEd (a hub of training resources for teachers) — designed the ODE-advertised project “Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction,” according to an online pamphlet listing collaborators.

In addition to the online teaching classes featured in the ODE newsletter, the initiative’s website hosts several PDFs to which middle school teachers anywhere can refer if they are interested in working toward the project’s goal: dismantling racism in math classes. One such report, totaling 82 pages, stated more than halfway through:
In other words, a resource on the website for “Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction,” which ODE called a partner in the newsletter, indeed stated that “white supremacy culture shows up in math classrooms” when educators require students to show their work because the mandate does not necessarily help students process information. Instead, the PDF encouraged teachers to offer a variety of ways for students to demonstrate their question-answering process, including via verbal discussions or multimedia projects that don’t use written words or numbers.
We reached out to several of the project’s collaborators for their comment on the The Daily Wire and Fox News’ framing of the above-described advice for middle school math teachers, and we have not received a response. We will update this report when, or if, we hear from one of them.

To be clear, while the ODE newsletter promoted a course designed by the project to eliminate racial and language gaps in teaching, as well as a link to a homepage, it did not include a link to or mention the above-displayed PDF, specifically. Siegel told Snopes:

ODE did not directly instruct educators in terms of specific instructional practices, rather an optional resource was shared to support teacher conversations to examine their actions, beliefs, and values around teaching mathematics. The department is supportive of conversations in the larger context identifying beliefs and practices that perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to the world of mathematics. The authors of this resource described this larger idea using the term white supremacy.

The term ‘showing the work’ in this resource refers to a single approach identified by the teacher. Although a single answer may be expected, students could arrive at correct answers using a variety of approaches such as grouping physical objects (legos, blocks), diagrams of problems, writing it out, video explanations, and spreadsheets.

Put another way, the department said it supports the project’s goal to help students of color and multilingual students do better in math class, as well as its recommendation to allow classes a variety of ways to explain how they solve problems.

“Neither ODE nor the course has made claims that math content itself is racist,” Siegel wrote. “The system of mathematics education, including policy, graduation requirements, standards, instruction, course sequences, and assessments, must be evaluated through an equity stance to disrupt inequitable outcomes we currently experience.”

In sum, it’s true a project designed by dozens of school administrators and scholars said expanding options for math students to explain their processes for answering questions could help close racial and language gaps in teaching, addressing existing “white supremacy culture.” But it was false to frame that recommendation as a mandatory directive from ODE to teachers, or to suggest the department itself said the standard idea of “showing work” is a form of white supremacy. For those reasons, we rate this claim a “Mixture” of truth and misleading information.

Jessica LeePublished 22 February 2021

There may be nuances to this, yes?
Or is it bullshit?
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Papa Willie wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:14 pm
Bill in Houston wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:40 pm

Who were you again? I know you're not important, but where did you come from?
Bill is in Houston. He might be a deacon; he mentioned finding shelters for Texans affected by the recent winter power grid disaster. That makes him important in that he's in the community protecting the community.

But Houston's problems wouldn't be Macon's.

How is the Arbery case going, one year later?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Fuck off traitor.