It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Vaccines

Post by Mikey »

Anybody got their 'rona vaccine yet?
Anybody going to refuse it?

I got stuck on Wednesday with the Moderna version. Follow-up appointment is on March 10.

It may turn into the new pickup line for the post pandemic world. Instead of "what's your sign" it will be "which vaccine did you get?"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Vaccines

Post by smackaholic »

The heater, being an xray tech that works in rest homes, was among the first to get it. She survived OK, but, I'm still wanting a bit more data.

If I had a comorbidity, I'd likely get it ASAP. I don't, other than a touch of high bp and being a few lbs more than idea.

If I was you, I'd be begging for it.

As it turns out, I can use my work position to cut the line and maybe I will after a few million more get it and don't die.

Would like to see more data on which version is most effective/unlikely to fukk me up.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I have all my health care through the UCSD Health System, which operates two major hospitals in the area as well as a huge number of research, specialty and satellite offices. They're operating a number of vaccine clinics at their facilities as well as the county super-site at Petco Park. Their online system has been sending out invitations to their patients based on age eligibility, etc. in a very organized way. We are also seeing more county-operated sites and a lot of pharmacies are going to start getting them in the next week or so. My primary doc (who is with UCSD) told me to get one ASAP wherever I could. The wife, who is a few years older than I am, got her Pfizer two weeks ago. I was about to start checking the county sites when I got an invitation through the UCSD system a few days ago. I got there 20 minutes before my appointment and was in and out in less than 5 minutes (not counting the 15 minute wait in case you die from side effects).

Shoulder is a little sore still but otherwise no effects. Besides being over 65 I have a few potential underlying conditions, one of which could be catastrophic with Covid. It's not specifically listed because it's pretty rare but I'm being extra careful.

The thing that's fucked up is that once I get #2 I won't have as much excuse to avoid the office. WFH agrees with me bigly.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:41 pm Would like to see more data on which version is most effective/unlikely to fukk me up.
You shouldn't have to worry about vaccines. You're already on the autism spectrum, aren't you?
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Is Big O ok?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Innocent Bystander wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:13 pm Is Big O ok?
I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe in the Covid. Fake news and stuff.

Why would he get a vaccine and have that microchip implanted?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

As a matter of fact I just got called a couple of hours ago to get my first Moderna shot, and I'm about to go now.

Mikey, where's the second UCSD hospital?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:39 pm
smackaholic wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:41 pm Would like to see more data on which version is most effective/unlikely to fukk me up.
You shouldn't have to worry about vaccines. You're already on the autism spectrum, aren't you?
I guess I should have said "fukk me up even more". :(
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 pm As a matter of fact I just got called a couple of hours ago to get my first Moderna shot, and I'm about to go now.

Mikey, where's the second UCSD hospital?
The older one is in Hillcrest.

Thornton Hospital is the anchor of a huge medical and research complex (Jacobs Medical Center) on campus east of the 5. It's also connected (or will be) to the San Diego Trolley at the northern end of the new UCSD extension.

Tri-City in Oceanside is also now affiliated with UCSD.

Also the old VA hospital is still there on La Jolla Village Drive.
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Barely felt a thing. Told to expect a call in 20 days for the 2rd dose.

Mikey, I guess now if one needs a hospital it's best to be in La Jolla. By my count that makes 4 major hospitals w/in a 10 drive of each other (Scripps, UCSD, Green and VA).
9/27/22
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Mrs.O and I are on some sort of waiting list, I think.The only reason I'm even going to get one is thet distinct possibility a vaccination will be required for travel to Canada once the border reopens. I have no "fear" of getting sick.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:02 pm Barely felt a thing. Told to expect a call in 20 days for the 2rd dose.

Mikey, I guess now if one needs a hospital it's best to be in La Jolla. By my count that makes 4 major hospitals w/in a 10 drive of each other (Scripps, UCSD, Green and VA).
Yep. Scripps and Thornton are almost on top of each other.

The new trolley line crosses I5 with Voight and then parallels Genesee to a new station at UTC.

Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

No. Fuck no.

Wife works in the local ER. She has worked two codes in the last month on normally healthy people who took the covid needle and went anaphylactic within 20 minutes. Worked another one on a .......wait...wait....an ER physician from her own hospital. All survived but it was close on all three. Over 60% of the health care providers at her facility have refused to take the needle.

Son is a paramedic. Over 50% of their department have refused the covid needle. I spent 8 days in the hospital in November and have been in the ER once since then. No mention of a covid needle and no problems for me.

Of course now Big Pharma is saying the covid thing will be just like the flu shot. Fuck that shit, I am not helping Big Pharma get richer off the bullshit and lies put forth by the Democratic cocksucking politicians and their butt buddies, mainstream media.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron57 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 am No. Fuck no.

Wife works in the local ER. She has worked two codes in the last month on normally healthy people who took the covid needle and went anaphylactic within 20 minutes. Worked another one on a .......wait...wait....an ER physician from her own hospital. All survived but it was close on all three. Over 60% of the health care providers at her facility have refused to take the needle.

Son is a paramedic. Over 50% of their department have refused the covid needle. I spent 8 days in the hospital in November and have been in the ER once since then. No mention of a covid needle and no problems for me.

Of course now Big Pharma is saying the covid thing will be just like the flu shot. Fuck that shit, I am not helping Big Pharma get richer off the bullshit and lies put forth by the Democratic cocksucking politicians and their butt buddies, mainstream media.
Duhron the fascist anti-vaxxer. Full of lies and bullshit as usual. As predictable as the sun rising in the east.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:07 pm Anybody got their 'rona vaccine yet?

I got stuck on Wednesday with the Moderna version. Follow-up appointment is on March 10.

It may turn into the new pickup line for the post pandemic world. Instead of "what's your sign" it will be "which vaccine did you get?"
You're apparently older than I thought you were. My parents are 70/68 and just got their shots so that is nice.

Would be happy if I could get my in April. Not really holding my breath.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:41 pm The heater, being an xray tech that works in rest homes, was among the first to get it. She survived OK, but, I'm still wanting a bit more data.

If I had a comorbidity, I'd likely get it ASAP. I don't, other than a touch of high bp and being a few lbs more than idea.

As it turns out, I can use my work position to cut the line and maybe I will after a few million more get it and don't die.

Would like to see more data on which version is most effective/unlikely to fukk me up.
Covid denying truthers like you should be last in line. Fuck you.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Derron wrote:needle

... took me away!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:06 am
Mikey wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:07 pm Anybody got their 'rona vaccine yet?

You're apparently older than I thought you were. My parents are 70/68 and just got their shots so that is nice.

Would be happy if I could get my in April. Not really holding my breath.
Will be 66 in May.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron57 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 am No. Fuck no.

My wife ended up in the ER after her “super” flu shot in 2019. We were ready for the COVID shot with epi pens, antihistamines and lidocaine, but no reaction besides a sore arm.

Go figure.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:07 am
smackaholic wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:41 pm The heater, being an xray tech that works in rest homes, was among the first to get it. She survived OK, but, I'm still wanting a bit more data.

Covid denying truthers like you should be last in line. Fuck you.
I don't deny that #19 is a mofo for a certain sector of the population. Were I among them, I'd be getting it yesterday.

I actually could jump the line, but my risk assesment of the situation tells me I should wait. I may get it soon. I may just wait until the time when 57 year old pudgy fukks get called.

Doesn't really matter to me if I am at the end of the line.
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:22 am
Derron wrote:needle

... took me away!
Rack one of Skynyrds best songs. I have been working on the intro to that one for a few months off and on. Of course, with out a 58 Gibson Explorer in Allen Collins hands, the sound just does not get there. I got a 68 Hohner that comes pretty close though.
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:07 am Covid denying truthers
Ahh, your new schtick now that Trump is slowly falling off your obsession list. Epic.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I knew that there would be shoulder pain, but I didn't realize it would be this significant. It's not bad at all when my arm is hanging down, but moving it really flares it up. It's almost impossible to use my arm to reach anything of weight that's above my shoulders.

I would recommend waiting a little bit. When I asked about whether the vaccine had been modified to deal with the variants they told me that they didn't think it had. So waiting to make sure the UK & Brazilian variants are covered as well.
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Derron57 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 pm
Ahh, your new schtick now that Trump is slowly falling off your obsession list. Epic.
Fuck off you meth smoking traitor.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron57 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:52 pm Ahh, your new schtick now that Trump is slowly falling off your obsession list. Epic.
Yep. Dump is no longer president and can no longer destroy the US as he was. Notice now that Biden is president the US is taking Covid 19 seriously and is kicking its ass. While you smoke glass and play your guitar. Fuck you.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There are 2 reasons we will "kick covid's ass". All viruses eventually run their course and we have vaccines. Odds are we would have kicked it's ass before the vaccine got here if we weren't so obsessed with "flattening the economy...errrrr curve".

You can go ahead and take credit for it, but everyone knows the truth. Biden, of course, will try, but he isn't fooling anyone.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Is there anything you won’t forgive that orange monster for?
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Kierland wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:48 pm
Who the fuck invited you to this thread you ankle biting bitch ?

Let Screwy give his blast back first and you just mind the fuck over there in the corner.
Derron57
Elwood

Post by Derron57 »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:05 pm Notice now that Biden is president the US is taking Covid 19 seriously and is kicking its ass.
Yep. 24 days up in that bitch and he has it all fixed. Helped by you lemmings who grabbed his cock on January 20 and will never let go.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:05 pm Notice now that Biden is president the US is taking Covid 19 seriously and is kicking its ass.
Because the CDC and terrorist-run CDC changed what "Covid 19" is... on fucking inauguration day? Ridiculously disingenuous. Oddly enough, the numbers dropped overnight.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

You are an orange ditch digging traitor so your outrage is obviously feigned since you don’t even care about America.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Derron57 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:21 am
Kierland wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Who the fuck invited you to this thread you ankle biting bitch ?

Let Screwy give his blast back first and you just mind the fuck over there in the corner.
It’s it? A person with no invite is asking for my invite. The meth has not made you smarter you tiny tweaker.

Oh and fuck off traitor.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Both of the in-laws and my Mom have had both doses. The wife and I will take it as soon as we are offered it as we will likely need it to be able to travel overseas.

The issues I see with the vaccines are they focused on the Spike protein, but the Spike protein is the one that is changing the most. If changes continue along the lines we are seeing currently, there will be a need for more vaccines as the Spike protein changes. Think the annual flu shots.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Do they even have extra long needles to get thru all your fat.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:46 am
Because the CDC and terrorist-run CDC changed what "Covid 19" is... on fucking inauguration day? Ridiculously disingenuous. Oddly enough, the numbers dropped overnight.
This.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:46 am
Proud of my (non terrorist) boys, but the CDC...

Sin,
Dimstraitor

Fuck of ditch digger.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Kierland wrote:Do they even have extra long needles to get thru all your fat.
Won’t need much to skewer your runt ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Says the guys bitching about tediousness. Fuck off you smooth brained traitor.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Jsc810 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:46 pm
Derron57 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 pm Rack one of Skynyrds best songs. I have been working on the intro to that one for a few months off and on. Of course, with out a 58 Gibson Explorer in Allen Collins hands, the sound just does not get there.
Something tells me that Brother Spray could pull it off.

As for the vaccine, I'm now on the waiting list, and will immediately go to the clinic when they call me. The legislative Session is coming up and I need to have that shot since I'm going to be in the middle of all those folks at the Capitol.
How does a person with your medical history not qualify already?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Jsc810 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:46 pm
Derron57 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 pm Rack one of Skynyrds best songs. I have been working on the intro to that one for a few months off and on. Of course, with out a 58 Gibson Explorer in Allen Collins hands, the sound just does not get there.
Something tells me that Brother Spray could pull it off.

As for the vaccine, I'm now on the waiting list, and will immediately go to the clinic when they call me. The legislative Session is coming up and I need to have that shot since I'm going to be in the middle of all those folks at the Capitol.
How does a person with your medical history continue to have a pulse?
FTFY, nc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk