Is Tim McCarver On Deck?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Is Tim McCarver On Deck?

Post by Smackie Chan »

First Lou Brock, now Bob Gibson. Never was a Cardinals fan, but Gibson was a certifiable badass. Still wondering how the fuck anyone can lose nine games in a season with a 1.12 ERA, which resulted in the mound being lowered from 15" to 10". Not only could dude pitch better than just about anyone, but he could hit for average, hit for power (hit five HRs in a season twice), field his position (9-time Gold Glove winner), and if you had the poor judgment to charge the mound after he pitched a little too far inside (which was likely if you dug in against him), he was also a Gold Glove boxer. A bit shocking he wasn't able to kick pancreatic cancer in the cunt.

Later, Bob.
"I see everything twice!"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Is Tim McCarver On Deck?

Post by Mikey »

RIP.
13 complete game shutouts in ‘68. Incredible.

As you said, in spite of his incredible ERA in ‘68 he lost nine games (22-9) because of the Cards’ anemic hitting. One of those losses was 1-0 to the Giants on Gaylord Perry’s no-hitter. I remember listening to that game on my Heathkit radio.

Same year that Catfish Hunter pitched a perfect game on my birthday.
Last edited by Mikey on Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:42 pm First Lou Brock, now Bob Gibson. Never was a Cardinals fan, but Gibson was a certifiable badass. Still wondering how the fuck anyone can lose nine games in a season with a 1.12 ERA, which resulted in the mound being lowered from 15" to 10". Not only could dude pitch better than just about anyone, but he could hit for average, hit for power (hit five HRs in a season twice), field his position (9-time Gold Glove winner), and if you had the poor judgment to charge the mound after he pitched a little too far inside (which was likely if you dug in against him), he was also a Gold Glove boxer. A bit shocking he wasn't able to kick pancreatic cancer in the cunt.

Later, Bob.
That's pretty incredible. Also props to Bob for doing all this playing in one of America's most racist cities.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Trump Obsession wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:00 pm
That's pretty incredible. Also props to Bob for doing all this playing in one of America's most racist cities.
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice melt.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

schmick wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:50 pm He didn't play in Washington DC
Correct. Aren't you smart?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's not the most racist city in the nation. It is the most unequal, though.

I'd say Chicago, Detroit, Boston and St Loser are much more racist than DC.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I didn’t know .pedo was a city.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:00 pm
Smackie Chan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:42 pm First Lou Brock, now Bob Gibson. Never was a Cardinals fan, but Gibson was a certifiable badass. Still wondering how the fuck anyone can lose nine games in a season with a 1.12 ERA, which resulted in the mound being lowered from 15" to 10". Not only could dude pitch better than just about anyone, but he could hit for average, hit for power (hit five HRs in a season twice), field his position (9-time Gold Glove winner), and if you had the poor judgment to charge the mound after he pitched a little too far inside (which was likely if you dug in against him), he was also a Gold Glove boxer. A bit shocking he wasn't able to kick pancreatic cancer in the cunt.

Later, Bob.
Rack that take.

99% of fans don’t understand what it took especially in that era for black athletes to perform, much less excel in the way Gibson did. He was a monumental figure in the game, then and now.

RIP
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Tim McCarver

Deion is a real man. :)

Baseball was great back in those days.

Gibson was legendary.

RIP
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Bill in Houston wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:02 pm99% of fans don’t understand what it took especially in that era for black athletes to perform, much less excel in the way Gibson did.
The Cardinals of that era were more progressive racially than most pro sports teams. Gibson had a sign above his locker saying "I'm not prejudiced, I hate everybody," and besides Gibson, the team had stud Black players like Curt Flood and Lou Brock, and Hispanics Orlando Cepeda and Julian Javier. Regardless of how racist St. Louie might have been, the Cards pretty much figured out how to play nice with each other back then.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Hell I thought Bob Gibson died years ago.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:37 am Hell I thought Bob Gibson died years ago.
Rack me for being in your dome so much you go to the signature virtue signalling. You are a horrible person, even in troll form.
Derron
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:03 am Rack me for being in your dome so much you go to the signature virtue signalling. You are a horrible person, even in troll form.
You aren't in anyone's dome. You're a nobody. You're barely worth a yawn on this board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Is Tim McCarver On Deck?

Post by smackaholic »

RIP to one of the baddest motherfukkers to ever pick up a baseball.

Didn’t he pitch 3 complete games in a series?

I would have figured he’d just throw one high and inside to pancreatic cancer, but PC has been on a roll this season, finally getting RBG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Three former Dodgers (four, actually) were benched for life last week as well as the two Cardinal Hall of Famers - "Sweet" Lou Williams, Jay Johnstone, and Ron Perranoski. Got to meet Williams once at Dodger Stadium sporting his WS ring; nice guy (guess that's why he was "Sweet"). Used to watch Johnstone play for both the Dodgers and Angels; above average at the plate and in the field. Perranoski died yesterday at the same age as Gibson - 84 - and was a great reliever, finishing 16-3 on LA's WS-winning '63 squad. Relievers never get that many decisions these days. He also spent several years as the Dodgers' pitching coach after his playing days were through.

Good game, guys.

The fourth was Charles Haeger, a knuckleballer who only pitched 83 innings in the bigs with four teams, including the Dodgers. He was wanted for murdering his ex-GF in Scottsdale recently, and was found dead Saturday from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the Grand Canyon. He was 37.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 pm He didn’t melt at all. He merely kicked the shit out of you, and you’re too inbred and stupid to understand it.
Sorry, Tubster. "Kill yourself" and "you are the worst piece of shit" blasts are universally acknowledged in the interwebs world as melting. I don't make the rules. Nobody said you had to like it.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:37 pm Sorry, Tubster. "Kill yourself" and "you are the worst piece of shit" blasts are universally acknowledged in the interwebs world as melting. I don't make the rules. Nobody said you had to like it.
Weird. I have never seen that definition of melting you speak off. Got a link to that ??

but holy mother of fuck if your posting hasn’t gotten much worse over the course of the last year. Bad personal problems, or have you had a succession of mini strokes?
You have to cut the deranged individual some slack. First his boy Joe gets his balls handed to him in the debate, and Screwy the Executioner has been up a lot, with his sage burning, voodoo doll poking and his multiple daily prayers to the DNC and mainstream media that POTUS croaks from this virus.

His whole world is tied up in how the POTUS recovers.
Derron
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Derron wrote:his boy Joe gets his balls handed to him in the debate
The Dump cult members are beyond deluded.

Donald's performance was the most humiliating in presidential debate history.

An absolute spaz out.

Find your ass, dude.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is