Netscape is back?

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Netscape is back?

Post by ElTaco »

I think we've touched on this before on one of the other boards. AOL decided to unkill Netscape. They are basing the latest beta release on Firefox 1.0. The current version got some speed enhancements but they haven't added in some improvements that were promised.

I guess if you don't want use an open source browser, you can try Netscape which kind of has AOL's support.

-ET
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

Tried it . Hated it .

I use Avant Browser instead of the regular IE . Yeah , it's based on IE , has those same issues somewhat , but I like it better than Firefox or Netscape . Tabbed browsing is the shit , and it is faster than Firefox , and looks better too .

I still use Firefox though , for those hot sites that have a lot of shit they try to backdoor you with . Crackspider.net nearly crashed my rig when I linked up to one site posted there to get a serial # for an app using Avant . Fuckers . :evil:

If you know a way to secure Avant , that would be way cool .
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Not sure what the point would be? Open source is a good thing...as the browser improves, you benefit, right?

Firefox works for me so far.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
drummer
Give the drummer some

Post by drummer »

PSUFAN wrote:Not sure what the point would be? Open source is a good thing...as the browser improves, you benefit, right?

Firefox works for me so far.
I've tried a lot of those Gekko based browsers , but somehow I always go back to Avant . I still have Firefox on my desktop though . It is way more secure , but I am careful where I browse now .

Firefox needs more skins though .