Wireless Power

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Wireless Power

Post by Moby Dick »

that's a great idea!

sinc

the guy who invented it - Mr. Tesla

in all seriousness tho....it wont work. mostly cause...big money will put a squash on it.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

KC Scott wrote:you didn't even watch the video did you?

Take your market research and shove it up your ass.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

KC Scott wrote:you didn't even watch the video did you?
No
:oops:

Cell phone wont play it for some reason. Guess i should reserve judgement eh? :)
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Wireless chargers are already kind of being done for cell phones. Cars are where the possibility is really interesting. I think last year I saw a demo at some car show where you just had to park above some puck and it would charge your car without touching it. Sounded like an awesome idea for parking lots and such so when you pulled in at the mall or store or even work, your car would just charge.

I'd say, if they can figure out a way to charge users (money not electricity) for such charging easily and reasonably cheaply, this could become popular. Of course the other big hurdle is the time it takes to charge cars. Lately though I've seen some newer descriptions where cars are being charged in a couple of hours instead of 8 or 9 and topping them off is even shorter so I'd venture to say, that once those numbers drop a little, electric cars may become interesting again.

Especially considering this:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/27/merce ... ive-price/
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

As if someone was reading our discussion:
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/10/tdks-c ... ng-system/
[CEATEC 2012] While charging your electric vehicle (EV) isn’t exactly challenging, it looks like companies are trying to make it easier than it already is. At CEATEC 2012, TDK showed off its upcoming contactless charging system. What it basically does is it allows drivers to charge their EVs by just parking in the right spot. This technology works with the use of coils at the bottom of the car and on the charging platform which the car parks at. The magnetic field generated by the coils will allow the transfer of electrical power from the base to the car, charging the latter without any contact at all.