Anyone have a Nook or Kindle?

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Anyone have a Nook or Kindle?

Post by Adelpiero »

I bought the OL, the new Nook tablet, anyone had a nook or messed with the nook tablet?

seems to be a lot better than the kindle, plus with wifi and color screen, its a nice tablet,
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Re: Anyone have a Nook or Kindle?

Post by ElTaco »

You got the Nook color? Bad choice for an Ereader. It uses and LCD screen so the power consumption is way higher than on the eperl screens plus its much harder on your eyes. If you paid for the nook color you might as well waited for the new Nook tablet which is fairly comparable to regular tablets.

The Nook touch and Kindle (all) are basically the same. I like the services amazon handles and have had the kindle (V3) and it works great. Thought about upgrading to the touch, but honestly, it just isn't that much of a difference to make it worth it. The nook touch is also excellent.

Enjoy!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

No, i bought her the Nook, Tablet.

Not the Nook Color, this is a tablet, that also is a reader. Brand spankin new for the tablet market.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I have enjoyed my kindle...but mostly I use my Android kindle app these days.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Adelpiero wrote:Anyone have a Nook or Kindle?

We do!

Sin,
Gays
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I'm a big fan of the Kindle e-reader. I like my e-reader, despite having a phone, tablet, laptop, pc, etc..., because it is very convenient to read books on. It's easy to have it with you, it doesn't have the battery issues that all tablets/phones have (ereaders last 30 days or more) and the pearl e-ink screens are the easiest on the eyes if you read a lot. Also e-readers are very light where tablets can get heavy after holding it in the same position for a few minutes.

With the price of e-readers under $100, I would say its a must have for avid readers. Did I mention that ebooks tend to be a lot cheaper than their paper counterparts?

Ok so consider that when I say, crap, I broke mine. I generally use mine at home and at work. It is so small (I can fit it in my pocket) I can sneak it into anywhere without calling any attention to it. Going to do my daily crap run? yep, I can sneak it in and read my book. Bored in a meeting? I can have it in my notebook so it looks like I'm reading notes. At my desk its so small, you can't see that I'm reading from behind unless you actually walk up to me. If I put it just beyond my Keyboard, you probably can't tell I'm reading it instead of my lcd screen.

Well, I was walking to do the potty run when I went to pick up a pen that someone had dropped and in bending over, I heard a crack. At first I thought my pants have ripped. Finding no obvious sign of this I went on and only found out that the ripping sound was actually the screen of the Kindle cracking once I have settled in on the throne.

Devastated. Guess this will make it easy on the wife for my xmas present...
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

KC Scott wrote:I decided to get the wife a tablet for Xmas - checked CNET and the top Not apple Pad was the ASUS

Found the best price at Toy's R Us of all places: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... =899593738
I agree. What makes this the best tablet, among tablets is the keyboard dock that turns this into Netbook. Even if I can't find a reason to use it as a tablet, I stopped using my PC/Laptop at home since I got mine. The fact that it lasts all day on a single charge is an awesome benefit (the Keyboard has an extra battery). Can't wait for Android 4 to come out on this one.

The Asus Transformer Prime should be out soon hopefully but the current model should be easy to get.