iPhone 4s

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

iPhone 4s

Post by ElTaco »

So did anyone actually waste hours of their time to get this thing? All morning the idiots on radio were raving about how apple litterally invented our voice (jk) and created voice control just for their iphone, ignoring all the other companies who have been doing the same thing for years.

Everyone is so impressed with Siri's edgy behavior, they are kind of ignoring the fact that A: everyone else is doing the same thing and B: its not like apple had a choice.

I mean honestly, who would make a voice controlled phone so when you told it that you were horny, it would google up some hookers for you? Not to mention the whole point of Siri is that it fails without looking like it failed so apple had to include a response to everything, including the obvious dirty requests. The only way to be a success is to joke. This will make not only a great way for apple to just ignore these requests, but also make headlines for doing it. Oh, but we are ignoring many other voice applications like Siri before apple and speaktome and who knows how many other applications that were doing this already.

:meds:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Re: iPhone 4s

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

My contract with AT&T is up on 12/18. I'll be picking one up then. Doubt I'll use the voice control shit much, if at all, but I'm still on the 3GS and I'm beginning to feel inadequate ('sup, Dins?) so I need to upgrade...
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

2 different people I know (one kind of employs me) recently got some Samsung model with the voice shit.

Seems to be a freaking lifesaver for the big-fingered oafs.

I'm not a smartphone guy, and I'm a firm believer that unless your work absolutely requires it, smartphones reduce one's quality of life (FOR GOD'S SAKE, PUT IT DOWN FOR A FEW MINUTES A DAY), but...

the voice recognition stuff is pretty cool.

BTW-No, I don't need to see every stupid fucking video you have saved on your phone, but thanks for the offer.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

This is just a bridge phone until the iPhone 5 comes out that is 4G capable.

Apple could've waited to add all of this in a 2012 release, but they wanted to make sure anyone who was interested in a Galaxy SII, Bionic, or Razr would hesitate and purchase the 4s.

My current view on 2011 smartphones and 4g is a massive work in progress. The Bionic's battery life is better, but not great by any stretch. The new Razr is sleek and cool and possesses Samsung's Super AMOLED display, but these phones still have bugs that need to be worked out. I've noticed lately everyone around me is chomping at the bit for a 4G phone or the iPhone 4s and I'm just waiting for lab rats to work out the kinks in the technology before I dive in.

I'll stick with my HTC Incredible for another year. I tether all I want at work with it, my slingplayer works flawlessly with it, and I can still make phone calls with it. My only beef with the phone is my aftermarket radio's USB in my F-150 doesn't support my phone. It only supports ipods and iphones, but it's nothing an auxiliary cable can't fix.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I rock the DroidX and I can't complain at all. It has been a solid phone and Moto has been great about upgrades and such. Battery has been solid. Right now the big question for me really is the Ice cream action. The face thing is kind of BS but I'm looking forward to some of the features. I like the tablet features on my Transformer and with some of the changes, I think it will work great on phones as well. Not sure that the DroidX will get an official port, but than again, I see no reason why I can't wait for some enterprising hackers to get me a 4.0 rom to run on my Droid!

Now that apple has invented voice control ( :meds: ) and set the bar so high (read: integrated existing stuff into their phone), I'm sure every voice company ex: vlingo, dragonspeak, speaktoit, etc..., should be able to catch up and probably surpass them fairly easily.