NCAA 12

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

NCAA 12

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Anybody pick it up? I bought it against my better judgement. The custom playbook feature suckered me in, but of course it's buggy as shit. There's no rhyme or reason to the order of your formations.

Gameplay is slightly improved over last year. Nothing seems ridiculously overpowered.

I'll give the game a tentative 6/10, with the potential to go up or down depending on what they address in the first patch. Last year, they actually broke the game worse with the first patch, so I don't have high expectations for a company that's set the bar as low as EA has with this franchise. They basically charge us $60 for a beta version every year, then make us wait a month or two for them to try and patch all the glaring flaws that never should've made it past QC in the first place.

Still, it's a decent BTPCFB fix until the real thing starts up in about a month and a half...

Oh yeah, and if you have it for PS3 and want to get a game or two in, send a friend request to mdub5000.
"Keys, woman!"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: NCAA 12

Post by Moby Dick »

had it for a couple weeks now for the 360.

DBs are ridiculous in this game...i've had wide open recievers..then get picked off cause the DB obviously jumped the pass. I've put a few plays in slow-mo and the DB is jumping the route split second before i pass it. I may be paranoid...but it's ridiculous.

The online dynasty i love. This is the first NCAA i've played since 08 i think...just sucks when the commish doesnt keep folks active.

I also enjoy the recruiting.

i'm currently 10-5 against human opponents outside of the dynasty...i love the vamped running game....

7/10
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

How's this for some ridiculous shit? The narrator is kind of annoying, but his point is valid - DBs assigned to zone coverage know you're running the ball before you even snap it. EA = so much win...

"Keys, woman!"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sucks that EA has the only CFB game out. I kinda miss "Gamebreakers" back in the day..
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
That dude's a complete toolbag.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

IndyFrisco wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
That dude's a complete toolbag.
Pretty much, and he could've made his point in about 1/3 of the time, but it's a valid criticism nonetheless...
"Keys, woman!"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

getting tired of the NBA Centers they have at LB as well.

try to go deep over the middle and there NO WAY you can put mustard on the throw ..instead you gotta put air under it...cause If you throw it hard..the LB knocks it down outta nowhere or picks it off...now..if you put air under the throw the safety who's 15 yards away has time to run over and pick it off. It's ridiculous.

i'm really hating this fucking game.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Moby Dick wrote:getting tired of the NBA Centers they have at LB as well.

try to go deep over the middle and there NO WAY you can put mustard on the throw ..instead you gotta put air under it...cause If you throw it hard..the LB knocks it down outta nowhere or picks it off...now..if you put air under the throw the safety who's 15 yards away has time to run over and pick it off. It's ridiculous.

i'm really hating this fucking game.
Heh. The saddest part is, this is the best version they've made for current gen consoles. It still pales in comparison to 04 or 07 on PS2, but hey, they've only been making games for PS3/360 for 6 years now. I'm sure EA will get it figured out right about the time these consoles become outdated...
"Keys, woman!"