Kinect sound off!

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Kinect sound off!

Post by ElTaco »

All right, so I gave in and purchased the Kinect at Costco for $139. One of my primary reasons was because I've been doing some research to do some video conferencing with family since we have the kid and (my) family lives about 4 hours away. If you don't know, the Kinect/xbox 360 allows you to do video chat between the xbox and Microsoft Live Messenger on a PC (maybe even on a phone). Sadly, most of my family has gone apple and purchased Mac laptops, but that does mean they all have cameras built in and should be able to run MS Messenger on their laptops. Should be interesting.

Any game recommendations? Anyone hack their kinect yet or hooked it up to their PC?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: Kinect sound off!

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Re: Kinect sound off!

Post by ElTaco »

I also read that MS will be releasing some drivers/framework software for PCs to use for Kinect.

Can't believe more people haven't picked one up. It is far from perfect but for one of the first consumer devices that really does this, I would say it works great. Someone released some software last week that can take any PC camera and track an object. The video look fairly impressive as it tracked faces and items moving around in different light conditions and in and out from behind cover.