PS4. /drool

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

PS4. /drool

Post by Moby Dick »

discuss.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Re: PS4. /drool

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

never buy Sony products

fuck them for many reasons
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Martyred wrote:never buy Sony products

fuck them for many reasons

Bad experience?

I havent bought a PS3 yet (doubt i do). But i had a PS2 and the original PS back in highschool....they worked fine and had no problems...

Come to think of it..those are the only Sony products i think i've ever owned..
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Got an old 36" Trinitron -- still works great.

PS1 worked great.

Never bought a PS2 -- several of my friends did, and each and every last one of them lasted exactly 53 weels (1 longer than the warranty, which they issued a big "fuck off" when asked to warranty -- MS seemed to extend the XBox warranty long after the agreed upon period).

Saw a working original 1979 Walkman the other day.

I mean, it's not like Sony is anywhere near Apple levels of suck.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I bought a Trinitron back when they first came out. Lasted a whole 5 years before it totally died. I knew a guy who actually fixed TVs and he said Sony products were very nice but also very delicate.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Have the PS3 and have never had an issue. Same thing goes for the PS2 and PS1.

Have a Bravia TV and it's excellent.

Recevier and CD player are also from Sony and they work just fine.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Sony foisted a bullshit rootkit scheme a few years back, essentially embedding their shit-ware on customers machines under the guys of "an alternative to DRM".

They also issued a firmware update that removed the "Other OS" option from the PS3.

Thank fuck the PS3 has recently been hacked, so they can now take it in the ass.

They really hate their customers. It's like they have contempt for you just for buying their products. Fuck them.
Why don’t you just STFU.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

That PS4 looks sweet. Not sure if anyone has checked out the next PSP that is coming out, it should be fairly sweet, although the Price may be a bit high.

Sony TVs are some of the best TVs out there, although Samsung now beats them I think, and I think actually makes the screens for sony TVs.

Personally, I think Sony hardware is actually fairly decent, but I also agree that they have made some BS moves over the years that piss me off. The CD thing with Sony music was a real bitch of a move, but thankfully people spoke up and Sony ended up having to pull that shit. On the other hand, one of the reason I liked the PS3 is that it originally was very open (allowing linux and such to be installed). When they reversed their position, it irritated me a lot. Of course it was your call if you didn't want to install the upgrade but still, there was no good reason to pull that feature. Furthermore, Sony's current move to go after 'hackers' who advertise ways to install their own OS is also a bitch move, but I guess what can we expect from a company who is heavily involved in the Movie and music Industry. According to them we don't own the music we buy so why would we own the Sony devices we buy. Irritating to say the least.

On the other hand you have Apple. Their hardware is mythical...in their own mind. The only thing they have gotten 'right' is the iPhone, from a hardware design perspective. Mind you, it wasn't anything new, Microsoft and other companies have been doing touch screen phones for quite a while. Their laptops, desktops, etc... are just PCs that are locked in to essentially run only Apple OSX, and are over priced.
Apple regularly shits on their customers and their partners. Look at what they are doing with publishers now. Instead of helping Amazon and Google enable authors to publish directly, they are trying to muscle in on the whole business and just undercut everyone.

Microsoft is no angel when it comes to its business practices. While I would say that they have dialed back some of their practices in the last few years, their past record speaks for them. Look at what they tried to do with Linux, and really with any competitor. If we look at the xbox specifically, they have never made it easy to install linux or other OSs on the xbox. They focus on gameing which is nice for hardcore gamers, but if you want anything else, its very closed. If you want a wireless headset, you have to buy one made specifically for the xbox, same with the keyboard and the story goes on like that.

Really, if you want to pick at all the little things, I don't know why you just stick with the WII. I would say it was as innovative when it came out as the iphone was. Anyway, as only a part time gamer, I think all things considered, the PS3 is most definitely the better system.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ElTaco wrote:Their laptops, desktops, etc... are just PCs that are locked in to essentially run only Apple OSX, and are over priced.

I thought they got sued over that shit, and you can install any OS on their newer boxes?

I could be wrong there.

But to expand your statements -- their desktops (and laptops, for that matter), are the absolute garbage, bottom-of-the-line Intel junk that the other companies don't want anymore because it's long-outdated. They buy the cheapest bottom-of-the-line Western drives. The buy the cheapest memory they can get their hands on.

In short, their hardware is absolute garbage. The Intel-based PCs passed them up in FlOPS a few years ago, and have left them in the dust ever since.

But they get people to pay 3-4 times the money for a greatly inferior product (unfathomable, since you can put OSX on a PC now)... ponderous.

Yet somehow, because there such incredible brainwashed mega-dorks, Crapple has stayed in business. I have no idea how, since the day they went away from the Motorola processors, they should have been laughed out of the marketplace. And now that they build their machines by essentially dumpster-diving at legitimate manufacturing sites, it baffles me...

but as long as dildoes like LTS TRN are railing against the "evil corporations" (while supporting a worse one), shit like this will happen.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Agreed! Apple does suck. I guess they are the MS of today. Selling crappy, closed products and letting marketing handle sales.

Anyway, after my big defense of sony yesterday, I saw this article today on /.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2011/0 ... ators.html
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Dinsdale wrote: I thought they got sued over that shit, and you can install any OS on their newer boxes?
You can install Windows through BootCamp on Macs...you can also install Linux/BSD distros...even going as far back as the PPC Macs.
This has been the case for quite some time.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

once a new DVD format is out, there will be ZERO reason to own a PS3 or PS4. The Blu ray is the only thing the PS3 has over Xbox 360. Xbox console is 10 times better. And Xbox continues to add content.

espn360 streamed in HD
Xbox live
Xbox dashboard

etc. Xbox bit the bullet when they came out first and they had problems with red ring of death, once they changed the consoles, no more problems and a much better console. Sonys new invention was a rod to play games with no controller, woah, no one has ever used a hand held device to control a game, rather than play with controller.errrrr oh wait, WII did. Kinnect is completely wand, controller free. And its also voice activated, you can turn it on and off with your voice. Xbox720, when it comes out in a few years, will even be more advanced and better of a console.

Bluray is PS3 saving grace.

Did some one say a Rod? Is that a Rod +2(+5 vs enchanted enemies).

Sin,

Moby
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Bitch!

I'll be looking for you when I get back to the house Monday night.

Famas has a date with yer FACE!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What's up, Adel? You been keeping up on your hockey? You gonna check out the NCAA tourney when the CCHA hosts it at the Kiel Center? Hopefully my WMU Broncos end up there for you.

Fire Lerry!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Moby Dick wrote:Bitch!

Your fate will be sealed by the roll of the die

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Screw_Michigan wrote:What's up, Adel? You been keeping up on your hockey? You gonna check out the NCAA tourney when the CCHA hosts it at the Kiel Center? Hopefully my WMU Broncos end up there for you.

Fire Lerry!
I'll be at the regionals, just enjoying the Blues finally having a GM who will get rid of dead weight, and bring in new and young talent. Shattnekirk will be better than EJ, and Stewart is a power forward with touch.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Adelpiero wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:Bitch!

Your fate will be sealed by the roll of the die

a 20 is badass right?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Ok, so i'm on Xbox live, waiting for Moby to get on and play some Black ops, and with Go coogs now on my list, figured we would get some T1b trolls playin. he tells me he's busy, and a friend of his snaps this pic

Moby and friends

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Adelpiero wrote: Image

^^^^^^^^^

I'm not ranking this one. No way. Not going to happen.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Stuck in oil field land on my days off = no xbox for me.

Hopefully i'll be on my way home Monday.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Been playing the hell out of Black Ops with Adel. It's been a good week.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Double XP starts 12pm Central friday.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Go Coogs' wrote:Been playing the hell out of Black Ops with Adel. It's been a good week.

Fullhouse Poker is the shit.

glad Adel turned me on to it.

Wish there were more texas heat nights :evil: