Kindle????

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Kindle????

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Is this any good or is there something better?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Kindle????

Post by Goober McTuber »

Crack a book, douchenozzle.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Goober McTuber wrote:Crack a book, douchenozzle.

Now I can see why you have 11,000 + posts.....LOSER!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cosmo Kramer wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Crack a book, douchenozzle.

Now I can see why you have 11,000 + posts.....LOSER!
Yes, the internet is filled with slack-jawed fuckwits like you that are just begging for a bitch-slapping. Put that in your kindle and stuff it up your ass. Sideways.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

what the hell?

:?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Martyred wrote:what the hell?

:?
Just a little honest internet discourse.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Kindles rock.

Sin,

PORTLAND, Ore. - For the second time, TriMet has fired a 40-year-old bus driver after a passenger recorded him apparently reading a Kindle while driving down Interstate 5 last week, according to TriMet spokeswoman Mary Fetsch.

Fetsch said in a statement that Lahcen Qouchbane was fired because he posed "an immediate threat to public safety and violation of district policy."

According to TriMet, the agency fired Qouchbane the first time four years ago after he argued with a passenger and pushed that person off a bus. But after negotiations with the union, TriMet was ordered to re-hire him.

In the latest incident, on the morning of Thursday, Sept. 16, a passenger recorded Qouchbane apparently reading from an e-book while he steered his bus with his elbow in the Terwilliger curves.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Strong union...
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dinsdale wrote:...Lahcen Qouchbane...
soar with the eagles, young prince
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:...Lahcen Qouchbane...
Pray for them
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I was on a plane last week and the women sitting next to me was reading a book via her kindle and it gave me an opportunity to pretend to be checking out the kindle while I was really just staring at her large breasts.

So I'm all for Kindles.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I got the new Kindle wifi for my b-day recently and I have to say that it is the Bomb. I have a friend who also recently got his hands on a Nook and I'd still say that the Kindle is way better.

Ok so why get a Kindle? Here are my reasons why you should all get one:
- Well first of all the Price is awesome. At $139, even if you prefer to do most of your reading with real books, or if you will eventually invest in a tablet, I'd say the $139 is well worth having a Kindle (cheaper book prices, light, pdf support, etc...)
- Even if you do plan on getting a tablet, or have already picked up a iPad, the battery life and the e-ink screen still make it worth to invest in a Kindle. The battery lasts up to 30 days and the screen works in all light conditions, but not in dark.
- You can carry 1000s of books with you anywhere. Going on a weekend getaway? Traveling? Stuck in traffic? Stuck at a stupid function? Stuck in a boring meeting that is lasting too long? Just take out your Kindle and start reading. This is great to have even if you read your favorite novel as a book, its good to have a backup ready to go instead of having to carry multiple books.
- Millions of free books available for school, work, etc... No really, I haven't purchased a single book yet, I've been reading free books. They have over 2 million old books as well as thousands of free books, mostly trashy sex novels, but also a bunch of others that authors run promotions on for a week or two.
- Kindle can store and display PDF documents or convert them into their ebook format for free. So what is the big deal? Well since I'm in IT, I read a lot of PDF documents related to a lot of products that I use at work. While most of the times I just pull up PDF documents to research an answer or a problem, often, I read through full PDF documentations to build up expertise on the product. In these cases the Kindle is awesome.
- The kindle allows you to take notes on your e-books. If you are studying for a cert or for a school, or even for a meeting you can highlight and make notes in your e-books and review them after you are done reading.
- It does text-to-voice on all of the e-books. So if I'm reading something, and then I have to jump in the car, I don't have to stop. I just plug that puppy into my car radio and continue to listen to the book. This works great for non-technical books. You can also download audio-books. It also plays MP3s for some relaxing music while you read or e-books you download as mp3s from the web.
- It does come with some things like web browsers and magazine subscriptions but since mine is wifi only, I don't really bother with the web browser and the news paper and magazine subscriptions cost $ and well, I think I'll just continue to use my PC to read those news papers for free. I did think it was fairly nifty that certain blogs that I read were also available for auto delivery, which would be awesome, but again I just wasn't willing to pay the $$ to receive blogs on my Kindle that I can quickly browse and read through at work for free. However, if you have some $$ to blow, or a favorite newspaper, this may be the way to go.

Honestly, I bring it to work and read whatever I want, even if it is not work related. At first I didn't really show it to anyone, but then people noticed and asked questions. I showed them how I carry around my technical documentation on it and PDF admin guide/Best practice guides and how I can read through them. Now no one even bats an eye when I go to read it during the day. Of course they can't tell if I'm reading a novel or a technical document. It is awesome. It is even useful when I'm in a meeting and someone says something stupid. I can whip out the Kindle, do a search on the topic and within a few seconds show them why and how they are wrong. Thats right, suck it all you idiots!

Did I mention that for all you tards, there are a ton of those trashy sex novels for free. I know thats all you idiots read anyway.

I'd say a Kindle is a must have. It is one of the sexiest and most useful devices and to be honest, I don't know anyone who can't get $139's worth of use out of it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Thanks for the explanation, but Kindles aren't sexy.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Jiminphilly begs to differ...
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Thanks for the explanation, but Kindles aren't sexy.
It is Thin, Light and Black. And as well all know, once you go black....