Ripping DVDs - Windows 7

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Ripping DVDs - Windows 7

Post by indyfrisco »

I can't see anywhere this has been discussed.

How do you copy DVDs with Windows 7? I tried using my old DVD Decrypter and Rip In 4 Me software but it does not work on Windows 7. I buy most all of my movies on Blu Ray, but I like to rent TV shows and just rip them and watch them when I have time. Since I got this new laptop, none of my ol software works.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: Ripping DVDs - Windows 7

Post by PSUFAN »

I'd give DVD Shrink a try...http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dv ... shrink.cfm

A quick google suggests that it is working on 7.

I've never used Decrypter to rip the disks, but I have used it to burn them.

Another idea...download the latest Ubuntu and try it out on your new computer. You can try without installing...then if you like it, you can dual-boot (choose which OS to load at bootup). Linux offers a lot of DVD backup tools...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Re: Ripping DVDs - Windows 7

Post by ElTaco »

Ya I agree, I always used other software to rip the DVD. Shrink 3.2 and Nero both claim to work. I did see some people claim that DVD Decrypter works. Are you running Windows 7 in 64 bit mode. That may be part of your issue.

Honestly, I've stopped ripping a long time ago. Between Netflix, Hulu, and other online sources, I just don't see a huge need.