Hulu PLus

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Hulu PLus

Post by ElTaco »

So I assume most everyone has used Hulu to catch up on your favorite shows before. If you haven't heard, they are rolling out a Hulu Plus service and for 9.99 not only do you get the regular service but you will now be able to get full seasons of every show (not just the last 4 or 5 played on tv).

So this kind of got me thinking that it may be time to cancel DTV for a little while and just use Hulu and other online services, and the networks, to catch our shows. Between iTunes, Hulu, Zune.net and other services, I think I can easily catch every show, most of it in HD I would suspect.

Does anyone have an invite code for it yet? Anyone get in to the trial beta site yet?
mvscal
Blank

Re: Hulu PLus

Post by mvscal »

Just got it. It blows goats. Fortunately it has a one week free trial. We will definitely be cancelling. Very disappointing. It doesn't have all the shows they have on regular Hulu.

It's more like Netflix streaming except not nearly as good.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Re: Hulu PLus

Post by ElTaco »

Yeah unfortunately I've heard since I wrote that initial post that Hulu and Hulu plus are actually two different services. Makes sense considering the different agreements they have to have in place with the studios. I did sample a few shows on my PS3 and it worked ok but without having all the shows, it is probably not worth it. I would also say that it is definitely not worth it if you still have a full TV subscription. Some studies have suggested that you only really get about 10 to 15% more stuff with Hulu plus and really that just comes from the fact that the shows they do have, offer full seasons and not just the last few episodes. The real beauty of Hulu Plus is that the HD content comes to your TV directly, as opposed to your PC.
The good news is that both Netflix and Hulu are trying to improve their services so I hope that within the next year or so, both will offer much better content then they do today, especially with the changes that Netflix rolled out today.