Best games for PS3

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Best games for PS3

Post by ElTaco »

Ok so I got a PS3 for my birthday / being new daddy type stuff. Not bad! Already picked up GTA which is awesome. What are your top 5 games for those who play? Also what are your names on there. Mine is Eltaco79 if you want to send some buddy invites.
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Re: Best games for PS3

Post by Louis Cyphre »

Check out the Playstation Store on PSN. Just about every game has a demo that you can download for free.
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I've been looking for a PS3 partially due to the Blueray player included. Honestly, why wouldn't you get one, a new one even with the new price. I think the Xbox is probably a bit more hard core with the requirement to pay for online pay and such, but I like my wii and PS3 personally. I'm not a hardcore gamer, even my PC gaming days are somewhat behind me.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Too expensive.

No more Linux. (for the new slim model)

BR players are cheap now.

Oh yeah, did I mention? Too expensive.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Madden NFL 10 is AWESOME on the PS3, as is Call Of Duty- Modern Warfare.

The Xbox 360 can't hold the PS3's jock.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Call of Duty:Modern Warfare is one of top games. PS3 blows, too many anime games, and their live function blows goats.

Xbox360 has exclusive rights to better games, and has exclusive rights to COD:MW2 map pack ,which comes out in Spring. Xbox'rs will get it a month + in advance. Xbox live is as close to using your computer to play games as it gets. You can do anything through your Xbox, short of trolling the web(u can use your facebook,myspace, twitter, through xboxlive now). Trolling the web while on your xbox360 will be soon.

Like i said, Xbox live compared to ps3 live, is like comparing a Super comptuer to a commodore computer. No comparison.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I've been doing quite a bit of research on this and have come to the conclusion that both systems are good, but for different reasons.

The PS3 is a better media center system whereas the xbox is all about the gaming. The PS3 does have a blue ray player, but the problem is the use of the Blue Ray player will shorten the life of the console over time because it is not a dedicated blue ray player.

The PS3 also has capabilities to play 7.1 dolby unlike the xbox and it has better HD quality and media center interface.

The xbox is better about updates, gaming servers, and other little items that the PS3 lacks. Not only that, but the release of project Natal has me sitting in the Xbox corner.

88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)