IE8 / M/B Posting Issue?

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

IE8 / M/B Posting Issue?

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I'm not sure if this started on my desktop puter immediately after I d/l'ed IE8 when it first came out, but I think it was about that time. Since about that time I have a problem with writing a post where there's a quote long enough to require a scroll button to view it all or editing my own posts of the same length. When I put the cursor at the bottom the view always jumps to the top of the post when I type any button. The cursor stays at the end & I can still type, but I can't see what I'm typing unless I actually scroll down to where that is. And it's not just this board.

This weekend I d/l'ed IE8 to my laptop & the same problem developed.

Any ideas or suggestions?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: IE8 / M/B Posting Issue?

Post by PSUFAN »

Download Firefox/Chrome/Opera.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Let me put it this way then....Is there a fix w/o switching browsers?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's God's way of keeping you out of kiddie chat rooms.

OK, now that we've got that out of the way...

How's about uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling IE7, since it was apparently the latest greatest MS update that got you into the mess in the first place.

That would probably be my lazy-assed way, especially since Firefox blows, and Opera is a crime against humanity.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Frankly, I've had way better luck with IE7.

Maybe I got used to it more when I did stuff that required it, but I've always had the best luck with IE, as much as it pains me to admit.

I do modify it with the Zonealarm toolbar, though (which slows things down, but is worth it to run everything through a DNS filter).
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:especially since Firefox blows, and Opera is a crime against humanity.
Sounds like a Chrome endorsement.

Not similar to my experiences at all. IE 6, 7, and 8 work like they were pushed out of a hog's colon. They just flat out suck at rendering web pages, cannot support CSS, and they are sloooow with javascript.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:Not similar to my experiences at all. IE 6, 7, and 8 work like they were pushed out of a hog's colon. They just flat out suck at rendering web pages, cannot support CSS, and they are sloooow with javascript.
I won't disagree with that at all (although I think IE kicks the shit out of Opera at every level). It's just that using IE... everything works properly, as a general rule. I haven't found that to be the case with the alternatives.

Again, some of it is force-of-habit. There was a time I had to use IE for certain things, and found that every now and then things didn't work right when using a competitor.