sweet free fps

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

sweet free fps

Post by Moby Dick »

tons of maps guns and weapons overall.

very smooth and legit play. been playing a few days now and have made it to sergeant.

you CAN pay cash for in game items but i dont plan on it and i'm doing just fine.

http://crossfire.subagames.com/index.aspx?from=&subid=

bonzomega is my sign ingame
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: sweet free fps

Post by jiminphilly »

Looks decent. I'll check it out.

For those that care, Americas Army (the gov't funded FPS game that's been around for a few years) recently released their latest version and it kicks ass. They built the game on the Unreal Platform and the graphics, sound effects etc.. are intense. As usual you have to do the training but the gameplay is very realisitic if you want a break from the arcade-like games of Counter-Strike, Combat Arms etc..
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

How different is this from Combat Arms?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

PSUFAN wrote:How different is this from Combat Arms?
In terms of gameplay, AA is less about sprinting to a spot and picking off guys on roof-tops and dealing with insane kill-counts etc.. Don't get me wrong.. CA is good for what it was intended which was an arcade style FPS.

The new AA took out the jumping aspect of the game; there are areas where you need to vault fences and you can do that in certain areas but no jumping under fire etc.. The maps are a little more open and thus less about mayhem and explosions and more about teamwork and strategy. They included a VOIP to most servers so you don't need teamspeak to talk during the game.

In terms of the game makeup- CA is all about getting more points to buy better guns, nades etc.. In AA you obtain the better guns through training etc. Let me know if you try it out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

thanks, that does sound quite interesting.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.