torrent help

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Screw_Michigan

torrent help

Post by Screw_Michigan »

As you can see in my torrent window, I'm getting really good upload speed, at 116 kb/s. I NEVER get this same speed at Dime. Is this because I have a lot of seeders, at 34, as the webpage says? I've been at Dime for a long time and I've never been able to get enough upload speed to keep my ratio cool. I always thought this was because I could never figure out port forwarding. Well, I still haven't figured out port forwarding, but I'm doing well at isohunt. Is this because there are never 20+ leechers on a certain file at Dime? I'm sure there are, but it's very rare. I'd say, on average, there are 5-10 leechers (at most) per torrent at Dime. I think the best I've ever done for upload at time is 20 kb/s, for the Bruce show in DC a few weeks ago. I believe the more leechers you have, the higher your upload will be, and your share ratio will be. But how do people make it work on Dime? The thing I love about dime is there are always a lot of seeders for shows, so you can always pull shit in fast. But since there are never an abundance of leechers on torrents, I don't seem to get the upload I'd really like to keep my ratio legit.

Any thoughts?