Free java game...freakin addicting.

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Free java game...freakin addicting.

Post by Moby Dick »

http://www.evony.com/

it's about like civilization or age of empires only straight online play...quest at first to build your initial city and then form alliances to wage wars against other alliances and cities etc.

i'm on Server 8 - country -Corinthia
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Re: Free java game...freakin addicting.

Post by ElTaco »

Decided to give it a try, whats your name? I'm going to go by ElTaco and the CityofTaco.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Fuhkew is my name

also, make sure you click the "quest" icon , follow the quests etc you'll always get back all resources you put in while doing the quests (anything outside of questing comes out of pocket). i'm still relatively new to the game as well so i'm still learning...most alliances require a certain "prestige" ranking to join...i dont plan on joining an alliance until i hit about 8k prestige.

finally, you cannot be attacked for the first 7 days you're in the game, which is kinda cool, gives you time to build etc.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Sweet! What about putting your people to work? Is that automated? like I have a population of 136, and they all seem to be idle according to the counter. Do I need farms and such to put them to work?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

click on your town hall...put production up to 100% on all of it.

also, you'll have idle villagers/workers (those idles will turn into your army soon enough from what i gather).

i just discovered the auctionhouse/trade , it's pretty sick and cheap, but it takes 30 minutes for the goods to arrive ...UGH.

the game is pretty tight thusfar.

*edit

back to your question...the more you upgrade yoru farms, quarries etc.the more guys you'll put to work in each one...me, right now i have about 1100 idle villagers..i'm just waiting for my goods to get here so i can upgrade my stuff to put those fuckers to work!
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Keep running out of Lumber.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

ElTaco wrote:Keep running out of Lumber.
the saw mills wer ethe first thing i went to lvl 3 with as soon as i could.

also, if you make a marketplace you can get tons of lumber for REALLY cheap..takes 30 minutes to get to ya tho.

atm i have 7 cottages at lvl 4 a cpl at 5..about 6 sawmills and about 4 of each of the other material producing buildings.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

well, i just started my 2nd city i took over a lvl 1 flat.

the game is getting kind of confusing (be sure to check out evonywiki.com). it seems like you first need to scout the flat you wanna take, then load up on tons of troops as well as send a hero with the troops to take it over.

i'll post updates as i learn em
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Well finally over night I got enough crap together that I was able to upgrade my town hall and did some upgrades of my resource places. In the process of building my crappy wall right now so I basically can't do anything else for 10 more minutes. I probably need to do some upgrading of various things so I can keep moving up.

So can you take over abandoned cities or do you just get their flats? Do you know what happens if you take over a water or mountain or something?
What does an alliance get you? Do people just share resources in return for gold or military strength?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

alliances are pretty vital from what i've seen thus far. If after the 7 days (or after your town hall hits lvl 5) you're not in an alliance, you'll get trounced.

usually i save the 2+ hr building for when i go to bed or when i'm at work. I've already burned thru all of my "speed" tokens lol. Right now my 2nd city is kind of struggling. i'm having to constantly send good to the city to keep it's head above water.

I've heard some folks make cash by jacking up the Tax rate to 100% for the time they're actually looking at the game..then after they're done for the day/session they move it back down to about 15-25%.

think i may try that today.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Wouldn't your people leave? Anyway getting the invite but I have to move my city do a different land or whatever and some tomahawk guy is supposed to help me with how to become stronger. We'll see how it all works...should be interesting. I'm only on 24 hours so still very new. Have you started building an army yet? I guess with alliances, most of them could find you and crush you easily if you stay on your own.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

ElTaco wrote:Wouldn't your people leave? Anyway getting the invite but I have to move my city do a different land or whatever and some tomahawk guy is supposed to help me with how to become stronger. We'll see how it all works...should be interesting. I'm only on 24 hours so still very new. Have you started building an army yet? I guess with alliances, most of them could find you and crush you easily if you stay on your own.
yea, i'm about 800 warriors in..Tomahawk is a solid dude, come to find out he lives liek 20 minutes from me.

didnt hear they wanted to move to a new land tho...that's gonna suck cause i'm not paying cash to move my city with one of those scroll things...

it's starting to slow down a bit now, with things taking over an hour to learn or build...

my 2nd city is sucking it up pretty good..i'm going to have to figure something out about moving goods to it cause it's freaking dry.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I just noticed that in the Lord package you get a city transporter. Don't know what that means. wonder if that just takes the city or everything else with it.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

ElTaco wrote:I just noticed that in the Lord package you get a city transporter. Don't know what that means. wonder if that just takes the city or everything else with it.

there are 2 transporters...one is like the uber delux one that lets you place it wherever you want.

the other is, you can pick the country, but it's completely random as to where your town and city land (everything comes with it).
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

what happened? Did you reset and quit or move to a different server?
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

i got tired of constantly getting my ass handed to me.

couldnt get shit going after constantly getting plungered so i just got bored of it lol

how's your city/s doing?
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Fairly well actually, rated 200 on the server with 400k prestige. Also took over an alliance and we are now ranked in the low 30s. If you want to give it another try, let me know, I'll bring you in.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

hmmm may have to do that.

how the hell did you get your prestige so damned high?

i couldnt get over the hump with lke 10k civilians.