An open source windows software program you might find handy

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

An open source windows software program you might find handy

Post by Mister Bushice »

Last week my kid let some idiot friends use the admin account on her laptop, because, you know they know everything.

But - they thought it would be funny to change her password one night. Yeah. nice joke.

Welll... next morning I heard the scream when she found out that:

A: they changed it and,
B: She called them and they forgot what they changed it to.

So tear filled eyes and sobs with a half completed school project coming up in two days, trapped inside of a scrap of inaccessible metal and plastic were at my door not much later.

So I did the :meds:, followed by a short lecture. Then a long one. Then a "I'll see what I can do"

They left no clue to what it was. I tried to f8 and safe mode in, but no worky. I have a linksys card in it.

So I did some looking around and I found this:

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

Neat little program.

Burned an image of the ISO, dropped it into the CD drive, and 3 minutes 17 secs later ( no shit) I had the password.

However as a lesson teacher I told child she'd better go to the local library in case it was a lost cause, and she was there pretty much ALL DAY Saturday to re-create the project.

No way near as good as stay in bedroom and have intermittent text fun with retards who did this to her while finishing up the half finished project.

The wide eyes I got when I gave it back to her the next morning, set up exactly as it was before the retards fucked with it, pretty much made me a miracle man to her.

I'm willing to bet big cash they don't ever get close to that login name again.

But if she is THAT stupid, I will forget how to fix it for a few weeks.

SCARY how easy it is to crack a windows box.

Just as a test I used it on my main box where I have three different users set up and it found every password in under 5 minutes.
Screw_Michigan

Re: An open source windows software program you might find handy

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mister Bushice wrote:intermittent text fun with retards
They would probably sext each other.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

They're underage girls, you pervo.

Thanks for helping clarify who is the poster boy for the word "retard", though.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Most of the perpetrators of "sexting" ARE underage kids, you fucking idiot. Haven't read too many stories about adults sexting and then getting thrown in the slammer.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

They're prepubesecent underage girls, you abnormal pedophile.

Hopefully a supposed adult like yourself slobbering over the concept of underage girls "sexting" each other on an internet message board might just get you there as well.

Seriously. Take this shit back to whatever pedo sewer you usually troll.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Its amazing how adults get stupid when it comes to kids in general. Sexting is a stupid kid thing that teens do. This is nothing new, its just something that has become easier with technology. Deal with it and teach your dumb ass kids not to do it. Kids have been doing dumb shit ever since the first few were smart enough to do stupid crap. I remember seeing some girls snatch back when I was 6 or 7 because we played "i'll show you mine if you'll show me yours", then later on Spin the bottle and a variety of other stupid kid pranks/games/crap. Its part of growing up and coming to terms with your sexuality.
So now with kids doing this sexting crap, the mare use of the word seems to bring stupidity out of adults. Take the prosecutor in Loudoun county VA who tried to prosecute an assistant principle for having a single picture in his possession while investigating this crap in the school. In the end they couldn't identify anything so nothing came of the stupid picture and thankfully the charges got dropped.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah hey I usually leave this kind of shit outside this forum but I had the concept in my mind of a 10 year old girl with a computer problem that I solved and I wanted to share the solution here and screwunderagegirlsmichagain turned it into an opportunity to celebrate teenage sex rituals.

My viewpoint was juuust a little different.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ElTaco wrote:Take the prosecutor in Loudoun county VA who tried to prosecute an assistant principle for having a single picture in his possession while investigating this crap in the school.
That's where I was going with this.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mister Bushice wrote:Yeah hey I usually leave this kind of shit outside this forum but I had the concept in my mind of a 10 year old girl with a computer problem that I solved and I wanted to share the solution here and screwunderagegirlsmichagain turned it into an opportunity to celebrate teenage sex rituals.

My viewpoint was juuust a little different.
Agreed. Family should be off limits.

sin

Every poster who has ever talked about their family on T1B and been flame broiled for it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Most of the perpetrators of "sexting" ARE underage kids, you fucking idiot. Haven't read too many stories about adults sexting and then getting thrown in the slammer.

WOAH!!!!!

How the fuck did I miss this little gem?

That was a KYOA of the highest order.

Holy fucking buhjeebus, how fucking drunk were you?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one