MAPS ( Microsoft Action Pack Subscription)

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

MAPS ( Microsoft Action Pack Subscription)

Post by Mister Bushice »

Any of you IT guys have / use this?

I am overseeing both the company budget for development as well as having some input on the future direction of the whole pile, and this subscription has come up for renewal.

I know what it is, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses it / finds it helpful to have.

We're on a hosted server so we don't need the server components, but up until this point I believe the reason the original dude got it was for the 10 licenses it allows for the software packages.

Personally I'd like to see the company divest itself of all that is Microsoft over time, but that is a complex and costly conversion.

Already we've run into a compatibility issue with Vista and Word 2003. I don't yet know if MAPS sends the new programs out with this subscript or just keeps updating the older versions for as long as they can, which would seem to be much more like them.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: MAPS ( Microsoft Action Pack Subscription)

Post by PSUFAN »

Break the chain, dude.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

I'm trying, believe me. I am only one corporate voice in the wilderness who hath seen the light.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Honestly, for $299, it is a fairly good deal. I'd say it is worth it, if for no other reason then to test new and upcoming software as it comes out. Cheaper and easier then to buy a copy of it and much better then having to use the 30 day eval versions. Also it is useful for any in house dev you may do in the future and for building any IT labs you may want. Did I mention its only $299, which is nothing for almost any company.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah, the price is not an issue. Rather surprised MS is doing it for that cheap.

Just personally I'd rather get away from using MS systems and products and use more open source software, but I get your point.