FUCK Apple

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

FUCK Apple

Post by PSUFAN »

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Re: FUCK Apple

Post by ElTaco »

I really like apple due to the time and effort they put into their design and HI (Human Interface design). As someone who initially did Computer Science and had to take classes on Interface Design, I for one appreciate a company putting time and effort into their interface and proving that unix and linux can have very great design and better uptime then the shitty windows.

With that said, apple has always been very guarded about its hardware. I'm not sure why but (other then profit I guess) but in the 90s when everyone was making money with crap, they did try to open up their hardware platform but that venture failed and they quickly closed it back down. It has always been my opinion that they would be better off if they got out of the hardware business and focused more on their software and allowed it to run on more hardware, such as your standard dell. This would bring down the price of an 'Apple PC' substantially and I think it would pose great competition for MS Windows, unfortunately apple will not do it any time soon it seems.

On the upside, most companies like Sony and Verizon are slowly going DRM free and opening up their platforms so hopefully apple will eventually follow suite.