Phones

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Phones

Post by ElTaco »

So Christmas was damn good and I got a lot of awesome stuff but lately my phone has been giving me some issues and no one took the time to get me a new one so I am looking. Now unfortunately the only phone out currently that could really be called 'linux' is the google phone which I am not too hot on. It is an HTC design but I don't like the design and I think for now it has some serious deficiencies. My alternate is to continue with a Microsoft phone (pocket PC) which is what I have now (XV6700) and buy an xv6800 or move to the XV6900 which is the HTC (verizon) iphone killer supposedly with no keyboard but with PocketPC 6.1 on it (instead of XV6700 running 5.x)

Now I think I have 3 options to consider. I want a good phone I can use for work or fun. I have an Ipod touch and it totally kicks ass and would switch to an iphone instantly if it wasn't on the crappy att network but that won't happen any time soon. The new Blackberry Storm (touch) looks very nifty and I would consider it except I don't much like the interface and the touch on it. I think the interface is what makes the iphone and the ipod touch. I've been looking at the XV6800 but recently I've heard that the XV6900 is fairly nifty, better hardware and HTC added on its own touch interface that works fairly well.

So the question is, does anyone have an xv6900 (or similar phone on other networks) and/or the Blackberry Storm/touch and if so what do you think of them? Does any other data phone compete with these phones?

-Dave