USB Turntables

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

USB Turntables

Post by campinfool »

Anybody use one of these? I've been thinking about getting one considering I have probably 500 peices of vivyl stored in my closet. Not sure if they are really worth it. Any opinions?
Screw_Michigan

Re: USB Turntables

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm assuming your looking to burn those badboys to CD. May I suggest dusting off the ol' turntable, replacing the needle and hooking that bad boy up to your stereo? Vinyl is making a huge comeback. I know many "older" peeps have been through the progression of an analog format like vinyl to cassette to a digital formats like CD, but my preferred method of listening to music is definitely vinyl. Many bands are releasing vinyl albums along with cd and mp3 downloads.

For some reason, it's just a lot more fucking fun to listen to music on vinyl. Albums are back, baby! The way music was meant to be enjoyed, not as downloadable singles.

Other than that, I can't help you. I do know you can hook up regular turntables to your computer with the correct components and there are programs that will remove the pops and clicks from your recordings, but I have no idea how effective those are.