Combat Arms

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Combat Arms

Post by jiminphilly »

Anyone playing this, free, FPS? Downloaded it last night- plays a lot like Counter-Strike but with better graphics and better maps. Like any game, there are hacker/script kiddie issues but if you find the right server generally you can have a great time. The weapon modding etc.. seems like it has some potential.

Check it out:

http://combatarms.nexon.net/Intro.aspx
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: Combat Arms

Post by PSUFAN »

Thanks, Jim - I downloaded it, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

They just released a patch the date you posted, PSU. There were some map glitches that led to some shitty exploits that they had to fix. I played for a while last night and the game was a lot more enjoyable. If you don't mind dying over and over, and generally enjoy a game with little strategy and a shit load of bullets and grenades, this is the game for you.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I will get the patch. I was trying to set up some of their other free games for my kids, but I failed. In particular, Mabinogi interested them, but it doesn't seem to be able to get through my firewall...while Combat Arms does it perfectly easily.

I'll send a PM if I get some time to blow stuff up this weekend.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I've been enjoying this game. PM if you want to get in on a game sometime.