Video Editing / conversion software

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Video Editing / conversion software

Post by Mister Bushice »

I thought we had a thread on here about video editing, but a search brought up nothing

Anyone do any video editing? we're putting together a video present for my parents, and I want to be able to:

1. convert some older analog video to digital if possible and,

2. Edit the digital videos on my computer with some software.

I have a digital camera, so If I can't convert the old stuff, I'll film new stuff.
I want to be able to take a video clip and chop it up, add sound, etc.

I've got plenty of digital sound equipment including a virtual 64 track (8 real) digital recorder with a USB port for .WAV/AIFF file exchange and a S/PDIF digital output.

Any Links? I have a couple of months to get it together, but there's a lot of vid editor software out there and I don't know what to use.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Video Editing / conversion software

Post by jiminphilly »

I've heard Sony Vegas is amazing but I don't know all that it does.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Re: Video Editing / conversion software

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah, but it also costs over $500 bucks. I'm not planning on becoming a film director, I'm looking for a decent simple editor that can take vid clips, blend em, and enable a soundtrack to be added. This is a hobby project. I've seen some editors that run under $150 bucks that get good reviews, but I wanted some info from someone who uses one of them.

Pinnacle11 looks pretty good, and there are add on packages for special fx and titles and such. The pro version is $130 and looks fairly complete.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/images/redes ... &width=850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;