Wii vs PS3 vid

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

ElTaco
Networking Securely

Wii vs PS3 vid

Post by ElTaco »

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFoyp71xw3w&hl ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFoyp71xw3w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I'm sure some of you have seen this but its funny and its why I chose a wii!
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Re: Wii vs PS3 vid

Post by peter dragon »

el have you tried moding ur wii? ive been thinking about it
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Don't have a Wii but Mario Galaxy sounds fun.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

mario galaxy pwns. very fun game. i also like the starwars lego games and the Guitar hero 3. thats about all ive got.

modding a wii:
http://navetz.com/view.php?id=69 wrote:First off, I'm going to explain what a mod chip does. Well, a mod chip has many functions, but the main one would probably be the ability to play backups of your games. backup's are a non-legitimate copy of a game. For example, if a game of your breaks,and you have a backup along with a modded system, you don't have to go out and buy a new game, you can just play the one you burned onto a DVD off your computer. Now, of course you're thinking " couldn't I just burn a game without buying it first". Technically, you could, and there would be nothing to stop you, but it is stealing.

The next thing a mod chip can do is enable the use of home brew, which is things like emulators and home-made games. This is very useful because if you wanted to, you could play Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, NES, and more all on your Wii. All and all, those are the two main features of mod chips, now lets get to how to part.
There are different chips and i havent decided which one is better but im looking into it. It could be fun LOL
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I have all three systems now as I picked up a Wii about a month or so ago.

Wii games:
Wii Sports
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Go Diego Go: Safari Rescue

My soon to be three year old son can play the last two to a certain degree (obviously the Diego game is for him).

I finally picked up my first game for the PS3 even though I bought it about 15 months ago - MLB 08: The Show. The only option for the 360 is MLB2K8 and it sucked balls. It's a shame because I really liked MLB 2K7.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

what was rumples wife doing in that commercial
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Adelpiero wrote:what was rumples wife doing in that commercial
I hardly recognized her. Looks like she dropped some weight.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

peter dragon wrote:el have you tried moding ur wii? ive been thinking about it
I personally have not but have a friend or two who have and they are very happy. Didn't take too much work according to them, just a little soldering and being careful. I don't play it enough to really make it worth.

With that said, I have a bunch of games, but I'm finding only some of them are good enough to keep me from getting bored quick. I am probably not the best gauge for games because I mostly like FPS games on PCs or driving games on PCs against other people. Also quirky games are usually the ones that capture my interest.

Metroid - haven't actually played it yet but seems kind of cool.

Worms: the space oddity - don't have it yet, but looks cool. I love the worms games.

Idol: yes I have it but in my defense its not for me. Its for the GF and her friends. If you have women at home who are huge Idol fans and like singing (and you don't mind sharing your Wii), this seems like a big hit with them.

Trauma Center: New Blood - Eh. Its not bad, not great but for a Rescue Junky, its one of two games that are medical/rescue oriented and can occasionally kill an hour or two with.

Need for Speed Carbon - I agree this game sucks, mainly because of the way that they use the controller. One of my friends had it and he thought it was ok, I disagree. I played it twice, both times drunk and both times I really could not get used to the controllers.

The Simpson's game - I liked it fairly well, its a decent challange but not necessarily as great as some of the old Simpson's games that I remember with Bart. It is multi player and has ok challenges that require team work.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games - Eh, its ok, not great, but ok for a few rounds.

Wii Sport - great fun at parties or with larger groups

Wii Crossbow and training game - this is probably what I've actually spent the most time on. It is just totally random challenges but if you have kids or a significant other (or even buddies) to play against, it is lots of fun.

Duck Hunt - I could see where people might enjoy this. I personally played it twice and put it away. I could not play this on my own but its OK for competing against a buddy. Women will hate it and kids will probably get bored of it quickly.

Games I want are:
Worms, Mario Cart w/wheels, Emergency Mayhem (looks kind of funny and just crazy enough to be fun).

Also I haven't had a chance to get on the wi-fi connection yet with any of the games. Really the only one I have that will play on there for now is the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games so I'll try that out soon as well.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Metroid - haven't actually played it yet but seems kind of cool.
I wonder if it's anything like the original NES game?

That game was one of the biggest maze games I've ever played. You couldn't easily navigate it without a map. You could only gain access to certain sections of the maze once you have visited others and built up enough energy and weapons. There was a certain level of tedium at the start until you built up power units, but overall pretty fun.

It was one of my favorite maze type games when I was younger. you get to shoot lots of stuff and your weapon power get better over time. The end section was damn hard, and once you destroyed the final enemy you had very little time to get out.