Any thoughts about the konica minolta A2?

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Any thoughts about the konica minolta A2?

Post by smackaholic »

Just bought one used off feebay. It has a transferrable warrantee through mack camera good through 2010. Also a few filters, extra battery, 4 gig card, man bag. 250 pesos including shipping. That's 290 dollars, currently. 15 bucks extra for the warrantee transfer.

I posted this at the cul as well, but, those snobs said I should put it here.

So, here it is.

What do you photo mensas think? My main reason for going with this is that from what I have read, it's manual focus capabilities are as good as you are gonna get short of a DSLR. Also, it's sized like a real old school camera which I prefer to the cute little point and shoot cameras which, although competent, make you look like a nancy boy.

I prolly could have gone the used DSLR for similar jack, but, I would have had to spend more for extra lenses.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Re: Any thoughts about the konica minolta A2?

Post by Mister Bushice »

As long as you've got the warranty, for that price, you got a good deal. It has some very cool features.

There's a pretty positive in depth review of it here:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/revie ... a-a2.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a link to a PDF of the manual there, too. All 175 pages :shock:
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I'm no photo expert and most likely never will be. The one thing I have learned is that any camera can capture cool professional looking pictures if you know what you are doing. Ultimately I think only you know what you want. I went out and got an all manual film camera (K1000) to force myself to learn photography, but have only gone out once to use it. I think I'm going to skip the SLR craze for now...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

My first and second cameras were k1000. Some fukker stole the first one.

Simple, tough, fully manual camera. Loved that fukking thing. But, film costs money. Developing costs more money. Sucks having to pay to develope an out of focus pos picture.

Digital allows us to just click away faster than mvscal hits the submit button.

When you can afford to just snap away, even the shitiest photog can get lucky now and then.

Don't miss loading film either or even better shooting a bunch of shots on a camera you thought had film in it.

I was a little slow to jump on the digiwagon, but, it's so fukking good (and cheap) now that there is absolutely no reason to stay with film.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yep, I agree. I've been digital for 3-4 years now. I have a fairly expensive canon powershot Sd750, but it takes awesome pics, the battery lasts a long time, and it's rugged. I use it for business mostly.

It replaced my last canon powershot, which took an estimated 25,000 pics over three years before it crapped out.
I'd love to get a DSLR camera for fun, but not until I actually have the time to fucking use it. This works fine for me right now.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I think I will end up getting another POS point and shoot one for the OL/daughter to use. They could give a fukkk about the manual control gadgets on this one. And they will bitch and whine about not being able to stick it in their pocket. Prolly be able to get a halfway decent one for under 50 bucks on feebay.