iDIOT iPod questions

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

bbqjones
indian black betty

iDIOT iPod questions

Post by bbqjones »

just picked up the classic 80g deal. now that ive uploaded around 200 of my cds, ---

1. how do i convert stuff ive stolen from winmx or kazaa into the itunes librairy
2. do they make a headband holder
3. does a jifr in the woods mp3 make me gay
4. what free download site is everybody using
5. why would anybody pay .99 dollars on a song
6. what happened to all my cool cds i had before i got married and had lots of playboys too.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: iDIOT iPod questions

Post by PSUFAN »

http://www.floola.com/modules/wiwimod/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - try that instead of iTunes

free music: http://www.isohunt.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cheap music: http://www.emusic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

software to convert files: http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
software to burn shit: http://cdburnerxp.se/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to be gay with: http://www.ween.com/chocodog/ween/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

http://www.rockbox.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

use it now. thanks me later.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

peter dragon wrote:http://www.rockbox.org/

use it now. thanks me later.
Hell yeah.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I have a Zune. I use a combo of bit torrents and a russian site for music downloads.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

psu dragon- how do i take all the shit ive downloaded fromn kazaa and winmx (over 2000 songs) into my itunes folder. i get the converter websites. is there a dumb it down version where i dont have to read anything and it just happens.? tia
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

dumb it down version
Isn't that iTunes itself? Doesn't it try to import your library? It should be ok if your files are mp3s.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

i cant tell you how to convert it to Itunes, as i dont use it. sorry

my suggestion is to use rockbox
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Kazza, WinMX?

2001 much?

FYI- Upper left hand corner of iTunes- File/Add File or Add Folder (chose the folder you store your music in)/ select all or select folder/ Press OK.

Oh, and iTunes sucks. Use Google and search for an alternative like Rockbox with drag and drop.

Next, download "Utorrent" research how to use it then use the crappy public sites PSU posted above or The Pirate Bay for your music fix. Once you get that down, find a private tracker with high quality uploads for your ears. Anything below a V0 (240) bitrate is a waste of time.

Last, learn FLAC. Love FLAC.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

okey dokey primo. now, ionwe one last quiestion. if im as ia m already putting hundreds of cds onto unto upto my computer hardrive and i just want to get the misunic into the ipod ., what happens if i care to save some space on the hardrive and get rid of the itunes librairy.? i was told the next time i sync the pod, it will erase my shit. so , my quandry appears to be, i have only a 20 or perhaps its 40 gig hard drive , but im retarded, so it might only be 13,500bps. anywhoo, i do have on handy dandy external harddrive that has 160 or something. what do i do now?

im very scarred
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

restore to a previous ween record
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

PrimeX wrote:Last, learn FLAC. Love FLAC.
i believe you were the one who gave me the oink invite. that was the greatest thing ever before i burned it out, so thanks. i use similar of those meta ad-infested sites like psu for torrents and it seems a lot of time, it's hit or miss, especially for indie shit. couldn't find "being there" anywhere. i still have a dime account, which is fantastic, but that's about it for me right now. i would like to get some bootleg recording shit and eventually put a show up on the site.

there's been a lot of information linked here about fucking with your port forwarding do increase your DL/UL rate. i can DL fine, but i've never for the life of me been able to fix my shit to increase my UL rate, so i'll probably burn out eventually. been on dime since 05.

i'm still heavily into bootlegs and flac is the only way to go. people who use .rar just piss the living fuck out of me. i've found all you need is: flac, cdex, real player and you're golden.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

bbqjones wrote:okey dokey primo. now, ionwe one last quiestion. if im as ia m already putting hundreds of cds onto unto upto my computer hardrive and i just want to get the misunic into the ipod ., what happens if i care to save some space on the hardrive and get rid of the itunes librairy.? i was told the next time i sync the pod, it will erase my shit. so , my quandry appears to be, i have only a 20 or perhaps its 40 gig hard drive , but im retarded, so it might only be 13,500bps. anywhoo, i do have on handy dandy external harddrive that has 160 or something. what do i do now?

im very scarred

Plug in the external. Once the PC finds the new hardware, go to your music folder containing all of your music, select all, send to - Drive (D/F or whatever drive letter your PC assigns your external HD), OK.

Also, choose to "Manually Sync" in your iPod settings home page and you won't have to worry about losing your music if you erase something.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
PrimeX wrote:Last, learn FLAC. Love FLAC.
i believe you were the one who gave me the oink invite. that was the greatest thing ever before i burned it out, so thanks. i use similar of those meta ad-infested sites like psu for torrents and it seems a lot of time, it's hit or miss, especially for indie shit. couldn't find "being there" anywhere. i still have a dime account, which is fantastic, but that's about it for me right now. i would like to get some bootleg recording shit and eventually put a show up on the site.

there's been a lot of information linked here about fucking with your port forwarding do increase your DL/UL rate. i can DL fine, but i've never for the life of me been able to fix my shit to increase my UL rate, so i'll probably burn out eventually. been on dime since 05.

i'm still heavily into bootlegs and flac is the only way to go. people who use .rar just piss the living fuck out of me. i've found all you need is: flac, cdex, real player and you're golden.
Yup, once OiNK went down I thought I was pretty much fucked, but thankfully I received an invite to Waffles the day they opened up, and it's exactly like OiNK. Made Power User there very quickly. Really, imo, it's much better with the new features, and we've already got well over 100,00 high quality torrents up with less than 35,000 members. I'm also at What.CD, but due to bad seeded torrents I rarely use it, although their new torrent system, project gazelle, looks nice.

As for Indie bands, Waffles is awesome, but if you ever find someone with and Indietorrents invite, jump on it. Lot's of good shit there, and a lot of unsigned bands promoting their stuff.

I learned how to forward my ports by using portforward.com. I'm still capped at 50kbps by Comcast on UL's, but it's not stopped me from making power user at every site I'm a member of. I've upped over 500 CDs via V0 or FLAC to Waffles, What and Libble and usually up around 2.5 GB's a day since I leave it on 24/7.

BTW- Dime kicks ass. I just found one absolutely sick Tool show there, 3 cam mix with awesome sound quality. I just joined Dime this week after getting fed up with Traders Den and Pure Live Gigs for my live show fix. Lovin' the place so far.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

how long did it take you to sign up for dime? I tell friends to hop on that shit all the time and they tell me when they try to register, they can't because they cap the number of users.

PLG sucks and traders den is hit or miss.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I've been PMing back and forth with a heavy uploader at Libble by the name of Chewchoo from the UK who's also at Dime who I'm trying to get to Waffles, and she was going to get me the hookup with one the heavyweights at Dime, Howdy, since I'm sending them both invites to Waffles. He uploads tons of quality stuff due to some connections he has, they call it the "Howdy Sound" or something. Heavily respected there so I've read. Anyways, they said the script to delete users runs every 30 minutes or so and deletes users who haven't been active. I checked it three times last Friday, and on the third time it allowed me to sign up.

So fuckin' happy. I've now found an APC show I've been looking for upwards of 4 years, and around 5 more high quality Tool gigs from the 90's to 2007. I plan to be a VERY active member there. Nothing better than live bootleg gigs on the DVD. Upped 8 Gigs there since last week on 2 downloads, so I shouldn't have a problem with ratio at all.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

I learned how to forward my ports by using portforward.com.
Is that primarily for gaming? What's the purpose behind port forwarding?
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

i use torrents.to

search all the sites at once. kinda cool.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Mister Bushice wrote:
I learned how to forward my ports by using portforward.com.
Is that primarily for gaming? What's the purpose behind port forwarding?

It basically forwards traffic from a port to your computer. These things are mostly for allowing online games (or P2P software) to function correctly when using a router as it bypasses the router firewall.

Link.

I basically use it to increase my upload speed for torrent connections. Without it I would upload at around 10kbps, with a port forwarded I up at around 50kbps, as that's what Comcast maxes me out at. If I were to use public BitTorrent trackers that don't require a ratio to stay a member I wouldn't worry about it. As I belong to high quality private trackers like Waffles, BitTV, Dime, etc. that enforce ratio requirements (must give back a certain percentage of what you download) port forwarding is a must if you want to remain in the community.