AIM for Mac OSX???

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

AIM for Mac OSX???

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I don't even want fucking AIM, but it seems like the only way to get a hold of some people. When I try to DL the Mac version, it shows up as (I think) a Quicktime file that ends in .bin. When I try to open/unzip/whatever it, it says it can't be opened because it's not a movie file. Well no shit! Any Mac peeps have any advice for me? (Please spare me the "Yeah, buy a PC" replies, virus-lovers...)
"Keys, woman!"
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: AIM for Mac OSX???

Post by PSUFAN »

.bin files are compressed - do you have stuffit expander?

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

You could also use another free utility called Zipeg. Do a google search for it. I've used it on Mac OS 10.4 and currently on 10.5.1 (Leopard) and it works great.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

gmail has AIM built into the browser. or you could use the web version of AIM. both better than the alternative. fuck AOL! i use trillian. ive forced every computer in my household to use it. but i dont know if it works on mac.

its coming soon for the mac...
http://blog.ceruleanstudios.com/?p=205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

You can also use the apple chat (ichat I think) program to do aim and goggle chat. There are directions out there for it on the web.

-Dave
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Thanks guys. I guess I just assumed that I already had Stuffit on my cpu. Got AIM set up. Yay. :meds:
"Keys, woman!"