Football on the internet

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Football on the internet

Post by Mister Bushice »

Stuck in a place where I have internet, but no TV. Have the option to go to a bar, but then its drive, drink, drive. Don't think so.

Is there any place on the net that will broadcast the game?
KC Scott

Re: Football on the internet

Post by KC Scott »

http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

You'll need to D/L Sopcast -

http://www.myp2p.eu/softwareitem.php?so ... t=software

It works well - watched a lot of games this season
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Awesome. I'm on it, and just in time.

Thanks Scott.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

That worked great, until just before half time. Now all channels are showing as on line on the link page, but off line on the player. Can't get it to work.

Also - any way to make the screen larger than the 3" x3"? The link to media says there's some error and it won't play it.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I use sopcast for big games or if I"m home alone and want to keep up with multiple games. I love it. The quality is not TV level but who cares, it plays decent. One thing I noticed is that sometimes there is a big difference in quality. Since P2PTV depends on the upload speed of one or more people, sometimes it can be crappy. You can also try some of the other players to see how they play, specially if the sopcast people have crappy uploads.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Mister Bushice wrote:That worked great, until just before half time. Now all channels are showing as on line on the link page, but off line on the player. Can't get it to work.

Also - any way to make the screen larger than the 3" x3"? The link to media says there's some error and it won't play it.
Once you connect, your usually set on that channel - at least it's been my experience.
it's when you jump off to see another game, then try and get back on that a channel goes offline

On my Sopcast player, you can go small, bigger (3"x3") shape it bigger or full screen - the res just gets worse when you increase size
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah I don't know what happened. One second it was working, the next it was not. I rebooted and started again, but no go. They were listed on the web as on line, but when I clicked on them the player said they were offline. I was logged in anonymously, not sure if that was an issue.

I ended up at a local sports bar for game #2. Damn. Haven't done that on a while, and I think there should be a law that unless there is the possibility of some guy getting laid later, women should be banned from sports bars during major sporting events because they are annoying as hell and don't know shit about the game.

Faggots who read the business page of newspapers at the bar should be booted too. This dumb ass fucker was so involved in his stock market reading he actually tried to seem like he was watching and yelled "Come on, Favre" when Eli threw a bad pass.