vongo errors on son's acct.

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

vongo errors on son's acct.

Post by smackaholic »

For awhile now, whenever my son logs onto his account, a window pops up saying that it is trying to install a vongo file, but, it doesn't have permission. I try to cancel it, but, it won't close. I try to logg off or shutdown and it say GFYJO. I can open IE, but, it runs slow and eventually locks up. The only way to eject is to pull the laptop battery.

My accountdoesn't have this problem. I do have vongo installed on my account and it does open.

Both accounts are limited, so I can't see why it will run on mine, but just fukk his up.

I am thinking of just deleting his acct and telling him to stop surfing pron. But, I doubt that is it. He's just 9 and most of his surfing seems to be nic.com or other game sites.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: vongo errors on son's acct.

Post by smackaholic »

one other thing. the error I get is 1321
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

assuming you have xp, and assuming its the same computer you both are using,

Have you run a registry cleaner? 1321 can have multiple reasons, but it is a program/file install error, and if the registry has a bad value listed, it will cause that error.

What firewall / virus program are you using? His set up may be blocking a necessary file download that should be allowed. Compare your desktop settings to his. You probably have his settings more restrictive. Drop them, let it load, then put them back up.

Can you close his account and open a new one?

If it's different computers, check his startup menu in msconfig, look for oddly named files, or list the startup menu here.

The wifes computer stopped working correctly re: internet access, and sure enough, there were two suspect files in the start up menu redirect the browser. How or why she dropped the firewall to allow that, I don't know.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mister Bushice wrote:How or why she dropped the firewall to allow that, I don't know.
It was probably blocking hotlatinodishwashers. com.

Thanks for the info, bushie. I will take a look.

I am running the free AVG antivirus and yes, it is the same 'puter.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

I'd say you have two choices. Temporarily elevate his account to admin and let the thing update then move him back to limited or reinstall the Vongo software. Re-creating his account also can't hurt. Its possible that vongo came up with an update message so he started the install. Now its trying to re-run every time he logs in. Some software will do this. Your easiest fix is to just up his privilages, then you log in then demote him back to limited.

I cleaned up the double post as well...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Now I got bigger problems.

Last night I attempted to install Active Client 6.1.

This program allows me to use a card reader so I can access super duper top secret military stuff (I'm a navy reservist). Also, we neocons use it to get marching orders from dick cheney.

Anyway.....I go through the "simple" instructions. Everything seems to run normal, other than at the last step, where you get the congrats, your done screen, the cursor stays an hourglass, denoting that it ain't quite done.

After watching this for awhile, I say fuggit, and do a restart.

It logs off, kills power, restarts, gets to the loading windows screen, then shutsdown again. And restarts, gets to the loading screen then shutsdown.....and so on and so on.

The only way to kill it is to pull the battery.

I tried coming up in safe mode....same thing.

I set BIOS to default.....same thing.

WTF?

When I first logged on to the admin acct to install activeclient, I got something about that damn vongo thing. So, I let it run. I suspect this may have something to do with the problem.

Any ideas?
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

still have your original installation CD? put it in and reboot. If you can, set the default to the CD drive.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

not sure if I had one. I'll take a look in the box it came with. It should be in there.

thanx