Plate racing sucks

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Plate racing sucks

Post by Goober McTuber »

Daytona and Talledega have both become unwatchable. Nice fucking job, NASCAR.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Plate racing sucks

Post by War Wagon »

That finish was more than watchable, four wide to the stripe. Of course, the wrong driver won, but as a race fan you can't ask for better than that.

I'm a bit mystified by the pairs racing, though. I won't say that it sucks, just that it's different than the freight trains that used to roll around the plate tracks. The strategy is interesting. The dance Bowyer had going with Burton, then Harvick, then Burton, and then Harvick again at the end was something else. Harvick was pissed Bowyer dumped him there for awhile before they hooked back up.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Once again, I don't know much about racing, but by plate racing do you mean where they just race one behind the other and draft the whole time? If so, why do they do that? I realize they go faster that way. And that makes sense why Kyle Busch does so badly in these types of racing because no one will draft with him.

edit: never mind. wiki told me the answer
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:That finish was more than watchable, four wide to the stripe. Of course, the wrong driver won, but as a race fan you can't ask for better than that.
Great. So I watch that horrible two-by-two dosey doe racing for three hours in hope of seeing one good lap? Fuck that and fuck NASCAR. The freight trains were much more watchable. I’ll not watch another plate race this year. Not as long as there’s women’s golf or world’s strongest doofus on.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

There were like 83 lead changes, not sure what more anybody can watch racing for than that. I didn't watch the entire race though because it really doesn't matter what happens until the last lap. As long as you avoid trouble until the last lap, that is. If you don't think that last lap was worth watching, then you really are better off watching NCAA softball.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:There were like 83 lead changes, not sure what more anybody can watch racing for than that. I didn't watch the entire race though because it really doesn't matter what happens until the last lap. As long as you avoid trouble until the last lap, that is. If you don't think that last lap was worth watching, then you really are better off watching NCAA softball.
You just made my point for me, dumbass. The race isn’t worth watching, other than the last lap. NASCAR is the new NBA. Only whiter.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You bitch, piss, and moan like a woman constantly on the rag.

So don't watch it then, save me from having to wipe your tears. Maybe follow the leader F1 racing would be more your speed.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:You bitch, piss, and moan like a woman constantly on the rag.

So don't watch it then, save me from having to wipe your tears. Maybe follow the leader F1 racing would be more your speed.
Do you honestly believe that the Daytona and Talledega races (the whole race, not just the last lap) were better this year than in years past?

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

No, I don't. But that doesn't mean it's not worth watching, at least from where I'm sitting. I've always liked the superspeedways and the drafting that's inherent with the restrictor plates, mainly because the #3 was so good at it, but also because it's so unpredictable. You don't know who's going to win until the flag drops, or even later like yesterday. People who want to complain about just like to complain.

Instead of complaining, why don't you explain what they should do different. And don't say take the plates off because that will get people killed, both drivers and spectators when they go airborne at 230 mph.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

They need to figure out why the changes they made this year made the cars only work in twosomes, and not in larger groups. Daytona and Talledega both sucked as far as watching the entire race. As a long-time NASCAR fan, I have every right to complain when they fuck up their product. I’m sure you’re just extremely grateful for the few hours that the pants-wearer in your family lets you handle the remote.

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:No, I don't. But that doesn't mean it's not worth watching, at least from where I'm sitting. I've always liked the superspeedways and the drafting that's inherent with the restrictor plates, mainly because the #3 was so good at it, but also because it's so unpredictable. You don't know who's going to win until the flag drops, or even later like yesterday. People who want to complain about just like to complain.

Instead of complaining, why don't you explain what they should do different. And don't say take the plates off because that will get people killed, both drivers and spectators when they go airborne at 230 mph.
What they should do is not have the fucking track banked so high. Then they wouldn't have to run with plates and there would be no problem with shitty races.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It’s stock car racing. Let them race stock Camrys, Tauruses, Impalas, etc.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:They need to figure out why the changes they made this year made the cars only work in twosomes, and not in larger groups.
That's a good question. What did they change? Or is it just that the drivers finally figured out that they can run faster in pairs than they can in packs?
I’m sure you’re just extremely grateful for the few hours that the pants-wearer in your family lets you handle the remote.
Cute, aside from the fact she's got her own TV in the other room along with her computer that keeps her quiet. As well, I only watched the last 40 laps and was out doing yard work the first 3/4 of the race.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:They need to figure out why the changes they made this year made the cars only work in twosomes, and not in larger groups.
I thought I heard something to the extent that the new asphalt at Daytona was a big reason why.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:What they should do is not have the fucking track banked so high. Then they wouldn't have to run with plates and there would be no problem with shitty races.
Again, I don't think it was a shitty race.

But let's run with your idea. You want they should bulldoze the turns at Daytona and Talledega? That's ridiculous, but let's take it further. They could still run flat out in the straightaways, but then have to slam on the brakes for the corners. Gee whiz, but I think they'd have to pit every 10 laps for new tires. That would make for some great racing, huh?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
That's a good question. What did they change? Or is it just that the drivers finally figured out that they can run faster in pairs than they can in packs?
Oh yeah, the drivers just figured out that they could run faster in pairs. Do you have any knowledge of NASCAR at all? Do you really think it took them 10 or 15 years to figure something like that out? Or do you suppose it might be the difference between the spolier and the wing (COT)?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MuchoBulls wrote:
I thought I heard something to the extent that the new asphalt at Daytona was a big reason why.
Yes, I'm sure they shipped all of that asphalt from Daytona to Talledega.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote: Do you have any knowledge of NASCAR at all? Do you really think it took them 10 or 15 years to figure something like that out? Or do you suppose it might be the difference between the spolier and the wing (COT)?
I guess I don't, what's a "spolier"?

Asshole. :lol:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Do you have any knowledge of NASCAR at all? Do you really think it took them 10 or 15 years to figure something like that out? Or do you suppose it might be the difference between the spolier and the wing (COT)?
I guess I don't, what's a "spolier"?

Asshole. :lol:
Oooh. Spelling smack from KC tard. Care to address the questions?

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:Care to address the questions?
The drivers and teams hated the wing on the CoT. They won't go back because Goober is throwing a tantrum.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Care to address the questions?
The drivers and teams hated the wing on the CoT. They won't go back because Goober is throwing a tantrum.
I'm not throwing a tantrum, you fucking hillbilly. You even admitted that the races this year probably weren't as good as last year. Well, what little of it you watched. I watched all of both races and I can tell you that it's horrible when compared to years past. I'm not saying they should go back to the CoT. But they need to do something if they don't want to lose their audience.

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Goober McTuber wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:

Wasn't Talladega resurfaced in the last couple of years?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

MuchoBulls wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:I thought I heard something to the extent that the new asphalt at Daytona was a big reason why.

Wasn't Talladega resurfaced in the last couple of years?
Possibly, but I don't for a minute believe that that's why they now race in pairs.