Bristol weekend

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Mac22
Elwood

Bristol weekend

Post by Mac22 »

We had the pleasure of experiencing the spring race at Bristol for the 3rd year in a row... still a great experience. no part of the weekend ever gets old. Took a new camera with me, and ended up with some great shots. had a 75-300mm lens on it, so was shooting across the track. i zoomed in on a few of the frames once I got home and couldn't believe the detail even when up tight. took over 150 pics, and will provide a link for all if anyone is interested.

One thing I was disappointed in was the attendance again this year. all of the hotel rooms were slashed to normal prices and no minimum stay, yet the place was barely half full. we camped out for 4 days and 3 nights with showers, continental breakfast, and shuttle service for $100 total (25 each), yet people still called in to the Sirius radio shows saying it was too expensive to stay. My wife and I did the trip for about $500.

here's for entire set of pics http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/uws22/bristol11/ password: bristol
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Re: Bristol weekend

Post by MuchoBulls »

Quality pics there.

It was a bit hard to believe all the empty seats there for the Cup race.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Re: Bristol weekend

Post by trev »

Great pictures!

I went to Las Vegas a couple weeks back for the 2nd time. Not as exciting as the first time, but it was really fun! Everyone should attend a Nascar race.