Explain to me..

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Explain to me..

Post by jiminphilly »

Why the NHL even entertains the idea of shutting down their season so some of their players can play in the Olympics?
Last edited by jiminphilly on Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Explain to me..

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I think Bettman is on the take from the IOC.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Why? See today's USA-Russia game.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Record rating for NBCSN...beating last year's cup finals.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nbc-sports-net ... 34869.html

What a game like yesterday does is it makes the American players more of a household name. When would a guy like T.J. Oshie get this much run unless he scores the GWG to win the Cup? He's not at Jim Craig or Eruzione levels of fame but his name is out there. The Americans being a top team and specific players having standout performances gets them more eyeballs.

A 1-0 Switzerland-Latvia game isn't what they're there for...it's the buzz that an exciting game like USA-Russia creates. I have no interest in social media but you see the kind of attention that game gets. I think the only way they can truly capitalize on this is to win a gold medal and the American players become legit stars. The biggest reason soccer still struggles here is the lack of international success and no global stars.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Shoalzie wrote:Why? See today's USA-Russia game.
This game doesn't help your argument.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What's your problem, Jim?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:What's your problem, Jim?

With what?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

:meds:

With NHL participating in the Olympics, obviously.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote::meds:

With NHL participating in the Olympics, obviously.

I don't have an issue if players from the NHL choose to participate in the Olympics. But I think it's stupid for the NHL to shut down. They are all but acknowleding their product sucks.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Your entertainment options are that limited where you're melting over the NHL shutting down for two weeks?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't get why your panties are so bunched over the NHL and the Olympics. Just relax, it's just two weeks every four years. I know the IOC and the Olypics are corrupt as all hell, but I can get behind the pros in the Olympics. It is really an amazing product.

I get Ed Snider's beef, and I hate defending Ed Snider for anything.