Indians OWN the Tigs This Year

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Indians OWN the Tigs This Year

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Never seen anything like it. Not only do they OWN the Tigers, they kick the shit out of them every single game.

Amazing.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Remember when the White Sox had the best record in the AL? Good times.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The pathetic thing is that both the Tigers and White Sox are still in the "wild card race," or as Mgo put it, the right to get crushed in the play-in game.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Tribe is rocking... while boasting the worst attendance in MLB... awesome.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:The Tribe is rocking... while boasting the worst attendance in MLB... awesome.
Yeah, isn't that fucked up? Tried pinging one of my Cleveland friends about that and he didn't know what to say.

EDIT: Friend of mine in ticketing said MLB attendance in first half is usually reflective of season ticket sales for the season and that Cleveland is a surprise. He expected their average attendance to jump the second half of the season.

I'm surprised the Angels are doing so well in average attendance. They suck.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Tigers owned the Indians for a long time. The tables have turned. Like Screwball mentioned, the Indians aren't just winning the games, they're blowing them out. It's rather pathetic. At least Detroit stopped the bleeding the other night and ended the losing streak.

Francona is an underrated manager, btw. That guy never quite seems to get his due.

I didn't have very high hopes for Detroit this year, and the team is hovering a few games over .500 heading into the All Star break -- which is about right -- with a trend of beating the bad teams and losing to the good ones. They can make a wildcard push but I don't see them contending for the division down the stretch because their pitching isn't good enough.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I've always considered Cleveland as a viable threat if Bauer, Kluber, and Salazar put it together. Shit, Tomlin has been lights out for them as well.

Currently, not one starting pitcher on the Astros staff is better than any one of the Tribe's starting rotation. Kuechel is coming around and McCullers is starting to pitch better, but the 'Stros aren't there yet. Cleveland has a legit shot to represent the AL this season in the Fall Classic.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

You guys still have a healthy lead but those the remaining head-to-head games will decide the Central. The Tigers haven't gone away yet. The Royals have been up and down but they're at least in the mix for the wild card. The 1-11 record is why the Tigers are battling for the wild card and not the Central. Other wise, the Tigers are better against the rest of the league compared to Cleveland. Ifs and buts...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

16 games left...7 with Cleveland, 3 with Minnesota, 3 with Kansas City and 3 with Atlanta. They basically have to go 7-0 or 6-1 against the Indians if they want a shot at the Central. Just in context of the wild card...Toronto has been sliding so maybe they can leapfrog them and get in. I don't think it would be unrealistic to think 10-6 or 11-5 close out the season...they should be able to beat up on the Twins and Braves. If they can't take any games from Cleveland, the season is over.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Gotta throw up the white flag on the Central...tough loss Saturday. The Indians pen held it together after Carrasco left early and the Tigers waste another excellent start from Verlander.

Still only 3 back in the wild card...so there's that.