All Time Lineups for Each Franchise

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: All Time Lineups for Each Franchise

Post by Shoalzie »

Cool read...not a shock at who was #1. The Motor City Kitties at #2...helps being able to slide Cabrera to 3rd so Greenberg can play 1st.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

WAR is starting to become an unpopular measuring stick among the Sabermetric geeks due to how much value is being placed on defensive ability and positional adjustment. I'm beginning to see more and more people in the geek circle use wrc+ rather than WAR because it diminishes value at non-elite positions like left field and first base. This is why Jason Heyward's WAR is so high because his UZR brings up his WAR so much considering he's a slightly above average hitter.

I would love to see how much these all-time lineups change base solely on wrc+.

Btw, Jeff Bagwell belongs in the Hall of Fame
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Go Coogs' wrote:WAR is starting to become an unpopular measuring stick among the Sabermetric geeks due to how much value is being placed on defensive ability and positional adjustment.

Unwar -- WAR. It's pretty much a made-up number.

While Ozzie Smith is without question one of the greatest defensive players ever (if not THE best, in my lifetime anyway), dude could barely hit the ball past the pitcher, much less out of the infield. In the Olden Days, they placed a lot more value on infield defense, sometimes at the expense of offense.

Times change in every sport.

Btw, Jeff Bagwell belongs in the Hall of Fame

RRRAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!

Sin,
Barry Bonds, Raphael Palmero, Mark McGwire, Pudge, JuanGone, Sammy Sosa, et al
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

How is Ortiz not on the Red Sox squad? Over 500 HRs and easily the most clutch big game hitter of our time and arguably all time. Dude played super hero again today. 9th inning triple (how does his big ass get a triple?) to tie it and a walk off double in the 11th. I have never seen anyone like Papi when he is locked in. I suspect if he keeps on like he has for a few more months, he may decide to keep it going another year.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.