Royals

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Royals

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Seriously, no thread? Fuck y'all.

I'm not much of a baseball fan. I only ever enjoyed it around my grandfather. I lost interest in the sport as an in general thing after he passed but still have always loved the Royals.

A few weeks before he died my father had come home from over seas the last thing on earth he gave me was this autographed photo of George Brett. It's come with me through hell and tonight it will sit next to me on my couch as we return to the postseason for the first time in 29 years.

BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Re: Royals

Post by Truman »

Be Royal, Coastie. Take the Crown. Its Our Time.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I guess you didn't hear? KC buried Detroit in mid-June. Plenty of Royals discussion in War Wagon's premature ejaculation thread.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Sudden Sam wrote:Freddie Patek is smiling somewhere.
Fred is smiling here in town. He won't be at the game tonight. He gave the tix to his grand kids.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I guess you didn't hear? KC buried Detroit in mid-June. Plenty of Royals discussion in War Wagon's premature ejaculation thread.
What, we're not supposed to talk shit in here? By that rationale I should forego watching the game tonight and just read the box score in the paper tomorrow morning.

I'll go ahead and watch it anyway but Jon fucking Lester scares me. Royals went 5-2 against the A's this year, both losses to Lester. I hates that guy.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You're free to talk shit, just as I am free to talk shit about your failed attempt at shit-talking.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That said...Go Royals.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Paging Season Over troll....
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not quite taking a just happy to be there attitude and the game isn't over yet, but I was quite prepared for whatever was to happen.

No shower rod here. After all, I was there for ALL the glory years. I feel for the younger fans (like my daughter) who are probably going to be quite depressed, like I was after losing to the Yankees in the '76, '77 and '78 ALCS. To be a fan, you have to pay dues. You have just made your first deposit.
SunCoastSooner wrote:A few weeks before he died my father had come home from over seas the last thing on earth he gave me was this autographed photo of George Brett. It's come with me through hell and tonight it will sit next to me on my couch as we return to the postseason for the first time in 29 years.
Cool story, bro.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Papa Willie wrote:I hope to fuck I wasn't the only one who just saw that. :lol:

The only one in the eastern time zone... since EVERYONE else has jobs and can't spend 24 hours a day on message boards collecting disability checks.

#Loser
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:
Too bad you're angry about your faggot team losing. Then again - they're from a faggot area, so what did you expect?

Uhm... they don't play until tonight.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Props to the Royals.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

My nerves are still shot from last night.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Dinsdale wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:
Too bad you're angry about your faggot team losing. Then again - they're from a faggot area, so what did you expect?

Uhm... they don't play until tonight.

White people from the south ain't very bright.

Just a reminder of how slow he is... "blacks" are a majority of the population in his neighborhood.

http://suburbanstats.org/population/geo ... e-in-macon

Oh yeah, we have a MLB team... and it kinda looks like this

8-0 "on the road"

It's how we roll...

Of course, we (IP has been confirmed by the mods) have a "black" population of around 5 percent... so there is that.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Didn't get to watch (would have been much better than the game on the 4-letter network that I also didn't watch), but didn't figure KC had any chance in Game 1 -- traveled, after every pitcher on the staff threw 7 innings (or so it seemed).

But the KC Cheesy Pop Songs pulled it off.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I stayed up as late as I could last night, which was until the middle of the 10th. This, after having bailed in the 7th in the WC game down by 4.

It's not that I'm giving up on my team, it's that I have to get up early and need my sleep. I can handle losing a baseball game but not a stressful job on a short night. 20, even 10 years ago I could. Not anymore. That stroke kicked my ass.

But this team keeps surprising me and I'm just along for the ride, however long it lasts. I've tried to give Yost the benefit of the doubt but by now I'm convinced... KC doesn't just have to beat the other team, they have to overcome their own managers piss poor decisions as well.

And so far, they have. I can't explain it.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

If you don't like Ned's ways, you better plan on bitching for a long time. Manager of the year award, and contract extension will both be coming soon.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Many late nights this past week, but WELL worth it. Still can't believe the KANSAS CITY ROYALS are undefeated thus far in the postseason...much less being IN the postseason in the 1st place. Anything they do good from this point on is purely a bonus. They weren't supposed to be here, remember?

Enjoy the ride, folks.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Are there any Orioles fans up in this bitch?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

KC Scott wrote:This is most amazing thing I've seen in 30 years of watching baseball
Most amazing I have EVER seen. Sucks for me, I was in the Army in Germany in 85. We were in the field training during most of the playoffs and series. I did get to enjoy watching game 7 live, but watched all the other
games in November on VHS that my folks sent.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I could run out of words here, but why you gotta' dog Billy at this point? He's played well lately and has just as much heart and passion as any player on this team. He's a leader on a team chock full of leaders.

I love this team as much (or more) than any Royals team ever. They play the game the right way. Their athleticism and talent are obvious.

Shoot, even Ned Yost looks brilliant right about now.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

War Wagon wrote:I love this team as much (or more) than any Royals team ever. They play the game the right way. Their athleticism and talent are obvious.
Wags, you and I finally agree on something. What a great fucking day to be Royals fan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Damn straight, dave.

I don't really care who wins the NLCS, I just hope they wear each other the fuck out.

But it would be nice to have another all Missouri I-70 World Series and pound the Cards so badly their shitdick fans crawl into the fetal position and forget all about 1985.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

War Wagon wrote:their shitdick fans
Low blow Wags. Low blow. I know who you're talking about, but the Cardinals have plenty of respectful fans as well.

Hell, I would say they are even in the majority.

Now then, if you were talking about Cowboy fan or 'Niner fan in football...
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!