Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Yaz Says Ortiz Better

Post by smackaholic »

More power?

Sure.

But, what makes him better is superhuman post season feats. IMO, the best post season hitter in history.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:IMO, the best post season hitter in history.
Then your opinion sucks.

Captain Roids actually is a worse hitter in the postseason than he is in the regular season (based on OPS).

In fact, as far as OPS goes, Ortiz' postseason numbers put him at #50 all-time.

Obviously, postseason numbers changed after the divisional round came about in 1994.

And since 1994, a certain player for a certain team that made the postseason a bunch now leads the all-time list in plate appearances, hits, runs, total bases, singles, doubles, and triples. He's 3rd in HRs, 4th in RBI's, 5th in BBs, and 6th in stolen bases.

Who is the best again?

And George Brett's postseason OPS clowns Ortiz. As does Lenny Dystra's. As does Poohole's. As does Lou Gherig's (by a mile). As does the Babe's.

And oddly enough, when it comes to postseason hitting numbers (OPS being a good stat to compare), no one can hang with the statistically greatest playoff hitter (by just about any criteria you want to use)...

Oddly enough...

Carlos Beltran.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Their are lies, damn lies and statistics.

I don't give a fukk about overall numbers. There are plenty of guys that can put up good numbers, then choke when it counts.

Popi ain't that guy.

He has had a habit of coming up huge, pretty much every time it counted in 3 world series over the last decade.

I won't comment on the old timey dudes as I wasn't there to watch. I will say the Gehrig certainly could lay claim to bestest evah as he was superfukking human.

The babe definitely gets the "best ever while drunk" award. I am certain he did some of his heroics while half in the bag.

As for Beltran, yes, he has come up big in the post season, but, last time I googled it, he has the same number of rings as you and I.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.