The official burial of Detroit

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Re: The official burial of Detroit

Post by Truman »

War Wagon wrote:Where the hell is Truman and "The Hunt For Blue October"?

That pisses me off more than leaving a runner stranded at 3rd with less than 2 out.

Fuck you, Truman.

You bailed, pussy.
Upon your death, Wagetheus, may Zeus send you to that Seventh Circle of Hell where the Bud Light is always flat; the Marlboros are always stale; and a Jayhawk pecks out your liver daily after it grows back in each night.

Sorry, Wags, but I didn't see much point in gravy-training a thread that I deemed to be a bit too optimistic myopic premature back when it was first posted in June. To paraphrase Twain (another great Missourian), the rumors of Detroit's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Hope the kids in Ghana enjoy their new, KC-logoed "We Own the Central" tees that should be in malls there come Monday.

I realize two out with four to go is not insurmountable (although unlikely) - hell, we bought tickets last night for the one-game playoff with Detroit should a tie occur - but I think our efforts would be better spent trying to figure out how to beat the A's Jon Lester in the one-'n-done next week. I'll take it - hell, its better than missing the playoffs entirely for the 29th straight year - but watching this team piss away the division the last two weeks has sucked.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Truman wrote: I'll take it - hell, its better than missing the playoffs entirely for the 29th straight year - but watching this team piss away the division the last two weeks has sucked.
For me, anything less than a divisional title is a disappointment. Although, that could be eclipsed with a wild card, divisional win, and advancing to the ALCS.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote: Hope the kids in Ghana enjoy their new, KC-logoed "We Own the Central" tees that should be in malls there come Monday.
I don't know about the kids in Ghana but there's a certain geek in S. Korea who will be all pumped up, and it's not 'tart.

Welcome to the party Tru, better late than not at all. As I type this DET is down 3-0 - hey, it could still happen.

I want the division but beggars can't be choosers. Plus, I like our chances against the A's and Angels if it comes to that.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Porcello has been rotten in September. Big spot for the kid Lobstein today.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I am really starting to wonder if either of these teams really wants to win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Twins are the absolute worst matchup for the Tigers...it was going to be a bitch just to split with them.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Feel pretty good with Price on the bump today. This is the kind of game the Tigers normally win, but you never fucking know against our arch nemesis, the god damn 19-Game-Under-500 Minnesota Twins. But no matter what happens, props to KC for staying in the battle 'til the end. I kept expecting them to fade and it never happened.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Love seeing all the important additions this year play a part in the win...Kinsler provides the offense, Price with the great start, Chamberlain locks down the 8th and Nathan looked good in the 9th to close it out.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

props to Detroit for doing just enough to avoid the early burial I had forecasted. It chaps my ass that Kinsler is a Tiger. I would trade Infante for him.

But I'm still a happy camper and these 2 teams may meet again.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

War Wagon wrote:I would trade Infante for him.

So would Dombrowski.