Hope Lincoln Riley and the crew he took to USC trip and fall on bag of dicks.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Hope Lincoln Riley and the crew he took to USC trip and fall on bag of dicks.

Post by Moby Dick »

that is all.

Actually no, it isn't.

I understand BTPCFB is a business...a multi-billion dollar business, and with that said the only loyalty is to the :bode: , but don't try and bullshit everyone in saying you took the godamn job after talking to USC for 20 on a godamn zoom call at 4 am pacific time. Get fucked with that shit. All season OU fans had been wondering what was off with this team...to have a garage full of Lambos and Ferraris you put product out equivalent to my 1986 Dodge Colt I had when i was 16.

And now as of this morning Manning (OU's CBs coach) was caught on Twitter recruiting for USC while he's still employed by OU. Cunt. Our '22 and '23 ('23 was ranked no. 1 by rivals last Friday) has been gutted with decommitments. (some were obviously expected)

Bob Stoops was right at the Monday presser...no 1 man is bigger or greater than the University...OU will get back on track and compete in the near future, but the next couple of years may be 8 to 9 win seasons.

Would love to see Venables hired. Lots of chatter about BV coming to OU and I really think it'd be as much of a homerun for OU as Riley is for USC. Keep coach Thibs at DL coach, but bring Clemson's DL coach over to be DC. Many rumors saying he'd bring Lebby (OC) from Ole Miss, which would be a great hire IMO.

FUCK you Riley. And FUCK your sorry ass Easter brisket I no longer have to defend. Cunt.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Hope Lincoln Riley and the crew he took to USC trip and fall on bag of dicks.

Post by Moby Dick »

schmick wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:06 am
Jsc810 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:55 pm Changed the names after a cut and paste from the Notre Dame boards?

Different world now in college football.
It's the Dec 15th signing day that caused this.

I used to think that football should have the same National Signing Day as all of the other sports but that might even be worse than Dec 15 is now.

Perhaps the answer for National.Signing Day is 3 weeks after the National.Championship is awarded in the sport the athlete is signing to play
💯
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Re: Hope Lincoln Riley and the crew he took to USC trip and fall on bag of dicks.

Post by OUMO »

Positive is, Bob Stoops has class and honor, he was a fortunate hire.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I love the Stoops move even as an interim situation. Just plain classy and shows the lifelong loyalty to the program he built.

I remember Barry Alvarez doing the same thing at Wisconsin, essentially coming out of retirement to coach in the Rose Bowl when Bielema bolted for Arkansas.

I feel like Tom Osborne did the same at one point but can’t remember.

Appears Venables will be next HC.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

All in all, i was pretty excited for Lincoln's 2022 recruiting class.....but i won't miss his team beating itself, jumping off sides on 3rd and short. over and over and over. another year of that was gonna be all Groundhog Day and whatnot. special teams mistakes. sloppy BS everywhere.

scoring 16 against WVU at home. woo fucking hoo.

no opinion about Grinch's D. sometimes they were good, sometimes they sucked. D is better today than when he took the job.

OU shit the bed on O a few games.....with 2 5 star qb's and the O genius. soft as fuck, got pushed around.....in the SEC Riley's OU is a rich man's Miss St/Texas Tech. was getting hard not to see that.

though, i'm not usually a "back to the past hire" guy.....I'm liking the new OU direction. i like Venables....and he's got rings. kids will listen.

we'll see. OC Lebby is a good hire. DC Ted Roof, dunno.

want Caleb Williams to stay....but, we move on.

edit: problem with Lincoln is he tries to win games by outsmarting the other guys. that only lasts so long. people have tape on you, then you got to line up and play football and win, hat on hat. OU wasn't doing that. i hope the Sooners got the guys to do it again.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Ted Roof got run from Auburn after Nick Fairley left.

He must have sold himself with "I know SEC offenses."
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Carson wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:20 am Ted Roof got run from Auburn after Nick Fairley left.

my memory of roof is sucking outrageously as HC at Duke. even by Duke standards. my sister lives in Durham.

OU party line is: he's got recruiting in Georgia inroads, somehow. and he's a teacher/placeholder while BV learns the HC admin ropes. it's still BV's D.

looked it up: Roof was 6-45 at Duke.

roof is the one thing so far i don't like about the Riley to Venables transition thing: and the Raleek Brown switch and the DL Dindy-Brown flip to ATM. overall, my major problem is i won't rewatch too many Sooner 2021 games this off-season since our coach for them bailed....and how underacheiving the so-called talent was. will feel a little cheap.

i will rewatch OU-Texas, tho. just cuz.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

King Crimson wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:07 pm
Carson wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:20 am Ted Roof got run from Auburn after Nick Fairley left.

i will rewatch OU-Texas, tho. just cuz.
Greatest game I've ever been to. And here I thought '20's RRR was the greatest. :lol:
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

And USC goes to the Big Ten. This is nuts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

It’s bananas, Mo. And I don’t think expansion is done yet by the slightest.

It’s the formation of the NFC and AFC in college sports as we know it. Hope it doesn’t turn into the NFL. But looking more that way.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

USC and UCLA about to lose that ya baby come play here in warm weather recruiting pitch....
"
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

L45B wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:56 am It’s bananas, Mo. And I don’t think expansion is done yet by the slightest.

It’s the formation of the NFC and AFC in college sports as we know it. Hope it doesn’t turn into the NFL. But looking more that way.
It appears that way.

Money > Tradition

Change is a constant, it was always headed this way, I heard rumors when I was a kid during the land run ;)

I am going to hate Notre Dame where ever they go.
Arthur Dent
Elwood

Post by Arthur Dent »

OU hiring Ted Roof to run their D is insane. Hopefully Venables is the real coordinator.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Well SC had a YUGE win over Rice yesterday. Sorry about that, Seater. This bodes well for SC, at least until they have play a “real” BTCFB team. Not sure Stanford next week qualifies but the condoms will have plenty of chance to show off their mad skillz because they do have two (2) ranked teams on their brutal schedule this season.