Peach Bowl in game...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Peach Bowl in game...

Post by Left Seater »

Officials are struggling so far. Missed an easy DPI that should have extended an OU drive. Then they passed on a clear blind side block with targeting against OU. At least replay got it for them.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater

Re: Peach Bowl in game...

Post by Left Seater »

The ass beating is on and there is 9:17 left in the 1st half.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

And now Randy Moss’ kid scores.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

This is a travesty to the sport of football.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The travesty is Coach O and spoken English.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

This Stoops “fumble” is clearly not. The Side Judge at the goal line called him down. Then they still went away from it and review overturned it.

Why take the SJ off the call? And if it was in fact a fumble it wouldn’t have mattered as the whistle was blowing so the play was dead anywho.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Lefty -

Couple of questions for you from the tOSU/Clemson game...and let me state...tOSU needs TD's instead of FG's or they win going away...BUT...I just want a level headed official (you Lefty) to weigh in on a couple of calls last night...

1) the targeting call...Shuan Wade is 6ft. Trevor Lawrence is 6'6"...wade comes on a blitz...lawrence dips and they make contact helmet to helmet...wade DID not launch...my guess by the LETTER of the rule it is targeting, but it was not flagged on the field at all. Booth initiated the review and called it targeting...he is ejected. My question...should football have a the level 1/level 2 type foul there? say if he doesn't launch, etc...it's level 1 and a 15 yarder but no ejection?
2) the scoop/score...probably the one I have the most issue with...WR catches ball, takes 3-4 steps with ball secure...OSU db knocks it out of his hands...fumble, scoop/score OSU...official RIGHT in front of play threw bean bag and it was ruled a fumble for a TD on field...booth reviews and states incomplete pass...I have seen some former NFL officals (notably Terry McAuley) weigh in that the call should not have been over turned...

just more curiosity than anything on these...calls were or were not called on field...booth initiates a review on 1 of them and well the results are what they are..

again tOSU needed to do more to win the game...just want an official to weigh in on what he thinks...

thanks!
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

The officials totally handed the game to Clemson.

4th and 23, and they call targeting? That was incidental.
Should never have been called.
4th and 23. The game was over.

That drive also had bogus pass interference.

Then. The bogus incomplete pass calls?
Ohio st. Already had a td, as he firmly had control and crossed the goal line.
The Clemson receiver not only caught the ball, but ran with it until he got stripped.

The officials can indeed turn any game at any time.

All that being said?

This wasn't the ohio st team from 2014.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Papa Willie wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:37 pm
EAP wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:16 pm The officials totally handed the game to Clemson.
No they didn't. Clemson spotted them 16 points and still won.
Were you eating a large pepperoni during the sack and 4th and 23?

That shouldn't have been targeting, it clearly should've been ruled incidental instead.
Clemson was deep and 4th and 23. Down 16-0

Instead, the officials handed over the momentum and the game.
Calling another bogus pass interference.

That entire series of events, totally changed the complexion of the game.
A blind rodent could've seen that.

Now, all that being said?
Those weren't the 2014 buckeyes.

Take that with a grain of salt
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Good questions.

Starting with the targeting call that was correct IMO. Remember there are two types of targeting. 9.1.3 and 9.1.4. This was a 9.1.3 call. 9.1.3 has nothing to do with the player being hit and only deals with the tackler. If the crown of the helmet is what first makes contact in a forceful manner then it is a foul. It matters not what the offensive level player does. It also doesn’t matter if the hitter launches or if the offensive player was defenseless. Was the initial contact with the crown of the helmet? In this case it was. Hence the call.

As for the overturned fumble that isn’t as cut and dry. The first thing you need to know is the on field officials are instructed to err on the side of letting the play continue. So the Head Linesman May have thought that was an incomplete pass but it was close enough that he threw his bean bag to signal a fumble. So don’t read much into what was or wasn’t ruled on the field.

Second as to the catch/no catch the slow motion really does nothing for anyone here. Slow a play down long enough and you can convince yourself anything was a catch. This needs to be reviewed in real time. When the play happened live I thought it was incomplete. The WR never brings the ball down to a tucked position and he doesn’t put a foot in the ground to try to turn up the field. The defender has a hand thru the WRs arms as well.

Now had the play stood as called I wouldn’t have thought much of that either. Would have written it off as a bang bang play that was damn close. But live and on full speed replay I thought it was incomplete. Bill Lemonie who was the ESPN officiating liaison had it right from the jump as an incomplete.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Officiating was turrible. Sooners were turribler. Anyway, credit to LSU....by far the better team.

In spite of it all watched the game with my Dad in Norman. We made the most of it.

Still dont know how OU dropped 8 in coverage all night and still had every db with their backs to the thrown pass. Utterly no reaction while Burrow delivered the ball. Lousy.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

there was a game the other day? :doh:
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Props to LSU.

With that said...Riley did an amazing job this year coaching with what he had. Bill Bidenbough is MVP #2. 1 returning starter on the offensive line and still able to do what we did on offense is testament to itself.

I still think we're 2 years away from making REAL noise in the playoff.

That being said.

Isnt this argument to say NO to a playoff expansion?? Outside of OU v GEO and tOSU v CLE , all other semi games havent been single digits.... why have a playoff (besides obvious money grab) when the 1 and 2 seeds are skull fucking the 3 and 4 anyhow?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Left Seater wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:03 pmStarting with the targeting call that was correct IMO. Remember there are two types of targeting. 9.1.3 and 9.1.4. This was a 9.1.3 call. 9.1.3 has nothing to do with the player being hit and only deals with the tackler. If the crown of the helmet is what first makes contact in a forceful manner then it is a foul. It matters not what the offensive level player does. It also doesn’t matter if the hitter launches or if the offensive player was defenseless. Was the initial contact with the crown of the helmet? In this case it was. Hence the call.
Why is targeting only called on defensive players making a tackle? I see RBs hit defenders by leading with the crown of their helmet all the time, and it's never called.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You are correct and it should be the same. I expect it will be a point of emphasis for next season. It has been discussed all this season in officiating circles.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

I knew OU was going to lose, quit watching at 21-7 and I would have done that as a casual fan.

Not sure about all the refereeing, my understanding is they enforce the rules that are decided by someone else.

Just IMO there are too many rules.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.