Good news for Harbaugh

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Good news for Harbaugh

Post by BSmack »

He won't have Urban Meyer beating on him for much longer.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... ach-smith/
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Good news for Harbaugh

Post by Screw_Michigan »

BSmack wrote:He won't have Urban Meyer beating on him for much longer.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... ach-smith/
And for that exact reason this sucks HUGE balls.

But he still has Mark Dantonio to lose to.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

so the interim coach is the "OC" that isn't Kevin Wilson?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

King Crimson wrote:so the interim coach is the "OC" that isn't Kevin Wilson?
They needed someone who didn't have a taint, of scandal.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

As a Michigan fan, I don't get any pleasure out of this. I never really liked the guy going back to his Florida days but this is a successful guy that (potentially) bit himself in the ass with not being honest when he needed to be. Let the investigation and the process play out but he's probably could lose his job over this because that school had kick Tressel out the door for dishonesty.

I'm not burying the guy until the school officially does it but it's not a good look in today's environment let alone ever. With the issues at Penn State and Baylor...you have to be on top of everything and don't put yourself in a position to have to take the fall for someone else's mistakes. Let's not forget, he's not the guy that beat his wife. I don't ultimately know Meyer's responsibility is other than either confronting this guy, firing him (which he eventually did) or turn him into the police.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

He's been a lowlife scum pretty much his entire career. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

BSmack wrote:
King Crimson wrote:so the interim coach is the "OC" that isn't Kevin Wilson?
They needed someone who didn't have a taint, of scandal.
that's what i mean.

thank you.

way late edit: i wasn't happy the way Kevin Wilson got away from the run game late in his tenure at OU.....but i don't have anything against the guy as it might come across here.....and i pulled for him to succeed at IU. i also think it was horse shit the way kevin sumlin claimed to be the "OC" at OU with AD and Bradford.....it was Wilson's O and KW called the plays. Sumlin was listed as "co-OC" but was basically the WR coach.
Last edited by King Crimson on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Looks like they could get him and his wife on a Title IX violation, so they wouldn't have to pay him a dime.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I dunno 88, Perception matters. For sure Urban has talked to his players about how they carry themselves as they are public figures. No doubt domestic violence has been a topic to his players. Yet when rumors involve a member of his staff and he apparently doesn’t even mention it to the AD is troubling. Not to mention the message it sends to the players about domestic violence.

What did JoPa know, what did Briles know? I have to think OSU is looking for a way out of this contract today.

I do completely agree with you on the Title IX part though. How the hell this is a Title IX matter is beyond me.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Saw earlier today that OSU has on the walls of the football facility big signs saying Respect Women.

I also heard a radio report that says in Urban’s contract he is required to report any and all breaches of the Univ. Code of Conduct to the AD or President. Granted I haven’t seen the contract myself so I can’t confirm this. However if true and he sat on this info then he will have to go.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i wouldn't go after bob stoops. i'm a fan of the guy and all he did at Oklahoma......but you are trading Urban (who has 2 ncs) for a guy with one (18 years ago). i like Bob but i don't think he's interested in coaching again. i take him at his word that he wanted out, his dad died of heart disease coaching. might have an itch but still.

late era bob stoops was a 10 game winner and sometimes new years day type bowl. minus baker mayfield showing up unannouced, not on scholly....he was in trouble at the QB position and stuck in a scheme dilemma. and pretty crap on D with art briles and mike gundy rewriting the rules on O. he hired lincoln riley which was good.....***

his brother, tOSU can poach imo. i don't think 10 games and the Citrus Bowl is enough in Columbus.

***lincoln seems like a good coach but we won't know if he's a badass or rick neuheisel winning at CU with McCartney's guys or Mark Helfrich for a couple years down the road. feeling among OU fans is might be too much Texas Tech in him. no D, all O......and like Helfrich or Rick......think they can win outsmarting people....when it's football, blocking and tackling. recruiting up front. something OU has done OK at the last few years but at some point losing to UGA or Clemson in the Final Four isn't enough because D can't get off the field on 3rd down.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:Urban (who has 2 ncs)
At least.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Urban (who has 2 ncs)
At least.
or 3. i repress the 08 win over OU. i felt like Oklahoma was the better team with demarco murray healthy......the guy did lead the NFL in rushing.....significant loss for a team. pretty good football player, i think we can agree.

anyway, props to urban and the gators for that one.
"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Quads exploding?!?!???

I would seriously like to see that.

:shock:
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I believe the original Title IX claim came as a result of Shelley being a nurse at the school and having to report everything to higher ups to comply with Title IX laws that attempt to make campus a safer place for women. It was a tenuous argument, at best.

All of this is likely moot. Meyer now says that he ran it up the chain but lied about it when asked at media day. Not illegal so, whatever. If anyone gets sacrificed, it will be Gene Smith.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

lotta smoke, stupidity, etc. in this whole ordeal...

all that needs to be known...did Urban know and did he follow the correct protocol...?

again, ZS is a POS and that is known...never arrested and was told he was on thin ice...violates the protection order and he is fired...so I have a hard time believing had he been arrested in 2015 that he wouldn't have been fired...(also, 88 can correct...but I think in Ohio for DV the vic has no choice if the police see any evidence of DV when called out)...arrest has to be made...but I could be mistaken with what I have read...

dude on twitter OhioAtty14 or some such has done some incredible work on this
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

It sounds like everyone involved in this mess is full of shit to some extent. My guess is in the end, the facts will be murky enough to save Urban's job. Maybe serve a suspension and 'luckily' be back just in time for that roadie to TCU. :)