Stoops done....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

txangler74
Elwood

Stoops done....

Post by txangler74 »

Getting out of the way for Lincoln Riley, Chicago Bears, Notre Dame..... just to name a few.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
War Stoops
Elwood

Stoops done....

Post by War Stoops »

I joined the Jim Rome smack board in November 1999 and, like a mindless douchebag, chose the very "Jungle" username War Stoops. I never thought that, 18 years later, I'd still be involved with the same online friends (albeit infrequently) or that newly-hired coach would be the legend he is. War Stoops!
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Stoops done....

Post by Left Seater »

Props to Bob he has earned the time off. The Big XII and college football isn't the same without him.

That said, WTF Bob? Less than 90 days before the season starts and 48 hours ago you couldn't give Barry a heads up? Two bitch moves there. I don't get it at all. Announce your retirement in Sept and name LR as the new coach and give him a full off season.

Edit: He says there are no health issues but this just doesn't feel right. Granted I don't think there is any thing wrong like NCAA violations. But there has to be something. Maybe this is a move to get a year off before he goes the route of the ol' ball coach. Much easier to get an NFL job when you don't have to dance around already having a job.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Stoops done....

Post by King Crimson »

I am also surprised by the timing. not plan A, i don't think. though, i was kind of expecting it a couple-three years ago....but in the present....i thought Bob was good for a couple more seasons. Riley has been the de facto choice to replace Bob for a while (thank you Soonerfans everywhere for being decidedly anti-Mikey Stoops as a successor....quashed all over....even on talk radio)......though i'd be a lot happier if LR had more (any HC) experience.

all the speculation is some kind of health/heart diagnosis for Bob....not serious maybe....and he's sincere about time to enjoy the family life but maybe something health-wise he needs to stay on top of vs. the 24/7 stress of being a BTPCF coach. you can't trust anything Bob says to the media.

great run, big fan of Coach Stoops (mostly).
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"